Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

unassisted birth ?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am 23 years old pretty much doing this alone. I have searched the internet and have been researching unasisted births and may do it myself . anyone else ever have an unassisted birth ? how was the experience?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Replies (11-16):
doulala
by New Member on May. 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

You might labor simultaneously.    I have been to births where the MWs had to come and go to juggle multiple laboring clients...
It's ideal to be prepared for an unassisted birth even if you intend on a scheduled cesarean...   Whatever you plan, this info can be very useful.     --And a doula can assist with these things too.

Best wishes!

youngpreggo11
by New Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Quoting doulala:

You might labor simultaneously.    I have been to births where the MWs had to come and go to juggle multiple laboring clients...
It's ideal to be prepared for an unassisted birth even if you intend on a scheduled cesarean...   Whatever you plan, this info can be very useful.     --And a doula can assist with these things too.

Best wishes!

thanks my girlfriends mom is a mid-wife and is helping us both we hope that it happens at the same time and we are giving birth at my house so she will help both of us

doulala
by New Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:25 AM

LOVE it!!!!

:-D

Wonderful, good luck!

SimplyErathy
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:15 AM
I'm going with a midwife because its easier lol she dose all the paper work for me, and as long as me and baby are OK we have no need to go to the hospital. I'm not 100 percent sure but without a midwife or on or anything I'm pretty sure you will have to go to the hospital so they can record all the birth stats, and give you the social and birth cert. I myself don't want anything to do with the hosp lol
NDFanatik
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I have not, but I came very close to doing it during my last pregnancy. 

BreastyMommy
by Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Awesome and brave im glad u are gonna have a midwife though! I had a home birth which was also a waterbirth 8 mos ago it was awesome! I also read up on unassisted births but hired a midwife just in case! Im glad i did cuz even though i was fearless and prepared i didnt now my babys neck was wrapped with the umbilical cord. She took care of it with ease and without flippin out. Totally respect ur decision my grandmothers each had their experience with unassisted births because they were in very secluded farms i think their awesome, fearless and totally super women! Good luck ur gonna love the experience!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN