Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homebirth Supplies

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

What do I need to have at my home to prepare for the birth?

What did you find helpful or what did you spend money on that wasn't really needed?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
FebPenguins
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I just bought the basic kit from Cascade. It was $30 dollars. It has the basic things, my midwife was thrilled with what I got. I will warn you shipping is kinda high, ($15) but I promise it is ALL shipping not "handling" fees.

One idea that i had set up, but didn't really use was:  put your sheet on your bed then lay out a shower curtain, then another sheet. When you get up to pee, your support team can "strip" your bed and your bed is all ready for you to climb back into. Virtually no clean up!  BTW: I ended up delivering on the floor on my hands and knees, that is why it wasn't needed.

krazykiddles
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:40 PM

It was a smart set up since you weren't quite sure what would be the comfortable position to deliver in!

illegallyblonde
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM
My midwife gave me a list of supplies. I bought most from: inhishands.com.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennWatt
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM
My midwife bought all supplies needed and was included in her fee. So all I had to get was food/ drinks during labor and whatever I wanted to wear during labor. I do want to get a labor/ birth dress next time. I want some "pretty" labor pictures!
JennWatt
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Oh, Always overnight pads. In my kit were underwear- they were comfy!
JennWatt
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Walmart also carries a fitted plastic sheet. I put that over my real sheets then a cheap sheet on top. I delivered in bed.
ragdoll13
by New Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I've read a lot about using the flannel backed table cloths to cover floors/beds/couches.  I picked up a few for 4$ each at walmart.  They are huge, more comfortable IMO than papery/plasticy chux type pads.  They're also huge.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)