Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you still feel good about your birth?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:09 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 275 Total Views

Now that the memory has faded a little and anything that you may of struggled with is not so fresh, do you still feel good about the experience?

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
h_minkus
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Heck yeah, I would have another homebirth in a heartbeat!

FrumpyMama
by Group Owner on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Ditto!

luvmygrndhg
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Still positive!

peaches_04
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:11 PM
So far but I havent birthed yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennWatt
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Yes! It wasn't easy - 29.5 hours (2.5 hours of pushing) but the most gratifying experience of my life! Being at home made hard labor so much easier to deal with - I was in my own bed, could labor/push on all fours on my floor, labor in my tub, etc. Options were endless - whatever I felt I wanted to do I could! I wasn't on a doc's schedule, didn't have to deal with nurses, or have to refuse interventions I didn't want. My midwife and doula were amazing!
JennWatt
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh, and planning Homebirth in January with the same midwife.
ann.91356
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I had a wonderful homebirth .March 17th 2012  Just hubby and I until I reach 8cm.  We then called the doula,midwife and family.  Hubby was just perfect with doing the right thing at the right time.   Our baby came into the world calm and peacefully and took to breastfeeding right away.  Now we are pregnant again (I now know for sure breast feeding is not birthcontrol LOL) We actually do want a large family close together so this is really a blessing.  So happy to have so much family support.  I am just unsure of our due date.  I really don't want an ultrasound done just to determine a date and I haven't been able to find a conception calendar online.  So excited for our next homebirth.  We are even thinking of  going unassisted this time.

NDFanatik
by Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Yes :)  It was a much different experience than my natural hospital birth (and much more painful), but it was worth every second.  I would love to go back and relive it.  I labored beautifully (and loudly, lol), my midwives 100% respected my wishes for a hands off labor and birth, and I had such amazing support and help from my husband and mom.  I'm sad that my last birth was the one that finally was amazing and healing.  But I'm so glad to have experienced it. 

_muffin_
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Yup. I loved it- it was a great time with family and friends as we welcomed our little girly.

mylilprincesses
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:20 PM
at first.. i was so scared from my baby girl geting hurt from the meconium.. i didn't say i liked it at first but now thinking about how fast and easy my labor was yes.. i would do it again! absolutely an amazing experience!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)