Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My list of items

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 227 Total Views

What woud you add or remove?  Any items you would get somewhere else?  I know some things are not necessary, but there are SOME things I like about hospital births... for example, the blanket and hat is a tradition and something special to me, so I'm going to get them.  Shoot, I'd order a bed if I could for afterward lol, I'm weird and think they are really comfortable (our bed sucks).

Item Price Location                     
Birth Kit $42.00 inhishands.com
Pool $30.00 preciousarrow.com
Liner $23.00 inhishands.com
50' hose $20.71 Amazon Prime
Duct Tape $5.00 *Target
6+ large towels   Target
Robe -- --
Bleach   Target
5lbs Sea Salt $20.75 Amazon Prime
Fish Net $4.19 Amazon Prime
Queen size fitted plastic sheet $6.25 yourwaterbirth.com
Queen size sheet set $32.99 Target
Queen size fitted sheet $14.44 Target
Dozen+ wash cloths $28.05 om
3-6 Receiving blankets    
3pk hospital blanket $14.95 Amazon
baby outfit   Target
Disposable pan   Fry's
2 4oz castor oil $9.00 *
4oz Hibiclens antibacterial soap $5.00 inhishands.com
3-4 qts Gatorade or Apple Juice   Fry's
Small bags frozen Peas   Fry's
Newborn Diapers $9.49 Target
2 Large garbage bags   Target
Bright Flash Light    
Batteries for flash light $8.63 Amazon Prime
1 roll toilet paper    
Kotex Overnights $7.29 *Target
Tylenol   Target
Unopened supergule $3.49 *Target
Car w/full tank of gas    
Charged phone    
Black tube top bra $8.99 Amazon Prime
Blood test kit $8.00 inhishands.com
Instant cold absorbent pad x2 $7.98 yourwaterbirth.com
Adhesive Maternity 12" Pads $3.95 yourwaterbirth.com
Stretch Maternity Brief $2.50 yourwaterbirth.com
Absorbant Disposable Underpads $4.56 yourwaterbirth.com
Newborn "hospital" hat $16.99 Etsy
                                                Total $338.20

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
FebPenguins
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Did you check out the package deal from cascade? I spent $30 and got pads, the "hospital" hat, a pair of maternity briefs and many other things. When my midwife saw what I got she was thrilled. It was kinda comical how excited she was. Shipping cost kinda sucked, BUT it was all shipping, not "handling".

LoveOfWisdom
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I have not!  Thanks :) The newborn hat is all jazzed up though lol... This is my first and ONLY girl, so she will get spoiled... *sigh* lol.  I can't find it now, but it looks like these http://thegirlybaby.com/category_151/Hospital-Hats.htm

Quoting FebPenguins:

Did you check out the package deal from cascade? I spent $30 and got pads, the "hospital" hat, a pair of maternity briefs and many other things. When my midwife saw what I got she was thrilled. It was kinda comical how excited she was. Shipping cost kinda sucked, BUT it was all shipping, not "handling".

LoveOfWisdom
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Do you have a link?  I'm clueless :)

Quoting FebPenguins:

FebPenguins
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I just thought the price of the newborn hat was nuts, but now that you say it is all jazzed, I say go for that one or two "expensive/frivilous pieces" for dd it was a cute little hat that had bunny ears on it. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

I have not!  Thanks :) The newborn hat is all jazzed up though lol... This is my first and ONLY girl, so she will get spoiled... *sigh* lol.  I can't find it now, but it looks like these http://thegirlybaby.com/category_151/Hospital-Hats.htm

Quoting FebPenguins:

FebPenguins
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to Homebirthers group page, under resources is a link for birthing supplies.

or HERE. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Do you have a link?  I'm clueless :)

Quoting FebPenguins:

FrumpyMama
by Group Owner on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Why the heck are a bag of frozen peas on there?? Lol! Most of that came in the birthing kit I ordered from my midwives linked site.  Don't forget to make them BLACK garbage bags too or doubled up white ones. Last thing you want is the garbage men reporting you because they saw blood.  It might sound gross but you can use just a huge mixing bowl that you have for the placenta afterwards.  Don't forget about aromatherapy too. I just had a candle. :o) Looks like you got everything on there though!.

LoveOfWisdom
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:35 PM

LOL I'm guessing for afterwards as an iceback in your undies if needed.  I'm just going to order what the hospital uses, it was WONDERFUL.  I wouldn't mind a bowl, but I'll save it from DH throwing it out lol (I love my mixing bowls).  Now the trash bags make sense!  I couldn't figure that one out haha

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Why the heck are a bag of frozen peas on there?? Lol! Most of that came in the birthing kit I ordered from my midwives linked site.  Don't forget to make them BLACK garbage bags too or doubled up white ones. Last thing you want is the garbage men reporting you because they saw blood.  It might sound gross but you can use just a huge mixing bowl that you have for the placenta afterwards.  Don't forget about aromatherapy too. I just had a candle. :o) Looks like you got everything on there though!.

FrumpyMama
by Group Owner on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

LMBO!! Sorry, but I wouldn't waste the frozen peas for that. LOL!!!  I actually found a recipe for post partum mini gauze pads. They have aloe gel, lavendar and witch hazel on them. You wrap them and freeze them. Gauze is nice, because it's cold right away and thaws quickly so you don't get uncomfortablly cold. I think I went through 5 the first day.  If you want it, I'll have to dig, but I can find it for you.

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

LOL I'm guessing for afterwards as an iceback in your undies if needed.  I'm just going to order what the hospital uses, it was WONDERFUL.  I wouldn't mind a bowl, but I'll save it from DH throwing it out lol (I love my mixing bowls).  Now the trash bags make sense!  I couldn't figure that one out haha

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)