Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too many people at the birth?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 364 Total Views

I'm getting nervous about the amount of people planning to be at my birth... my Midwife of course is going to be there... it's a v-bac, so she's planning on bringing 2-3 assistants depending... Hubby will be there of course, my 6 year old son will be around... depending on if he wants to be in the room or not while I give birth.. my sister will be there to help keep him occupied and out of trouble if he's not wanting to be there, my mom is 'maybe' wanting to be there... she's wishy washy at best... my other sister is a photographer, and is thinking cameras are a good idea during this... and I feel like I'll regret it if I don't get pictures...

Now this is all fine and dandy, but I feel like there are going to be way too many people there... but the only one that doesn't really have a 'job' to do is my mom... and I can't exactly tell her to back off.. you know? Ugh.. what do I do? 

pregnancy week by week

baby

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
conejoazul
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Hmm ... I feel crowded just reading that. I can see your midwife bringing one assistant, but not sure I can imagine why two or three. What is her reasoning for that? How many months along are you? Maybe there is a way to use the remaining time to align your mom in becoming one of the assistants to your midwife? Good luck and how fortunate to at least have so many supporters of your decision!

Kaliary
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:48 PM

She wants extra people there because it's a v-bac, that way if there is anything that goes wrong, there's people to help baby and me at the same time. 

pregnancy week by week

baby

FrumpyMama
by Group Owner on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom was very wishy washy about whether or not she wanted to be there. It caused me a LOT of anxiety towards the end of my birth.  I just actually talked to her and asked how she felt about seeing a birth, after some thought she opted out, but wanted to be told immediately.  

tlittle1982
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

If you feel overwhelmed by too many people, maybe just ask them to lay low and not hoard around you. I kind of feel the same way you do. Im having my mom, my bf's mom, my best friend. Midwife, her assistant and my Doula. I plan on telling them to leave the room if needed. haha :) Its whatever makes YOU most comfortable!! 

Kaliary
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Ya, I think that's just what I need to do... just be like "I'm feeling crouded right now, some people need to back off..." :)

pregnancy week by week

baby

tlittle1982
by Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey, I ended up having my dream homebirth and people we kinda crouding me so I had to take my own advice. lol :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)