Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introductions?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 215 Total Views

Would everyone like to introduce themselves?

by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
deb716
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM

OK , I guess I'll go first. My name is Debbie and I live in Pennsylvania. I have3 sons ages 23,18,&17.plus 3 stepsons ages 19, 12 &7. The oldest 2 boys don't live with us.The 23 y.o. has mild mental retardation and he lives in his own apt. (with some assistance from me and a home care provider). The 19 y.o. lives in Ohio with his new wife and baby( our 1st grandbaby). The other 4 live at home with us. We have some extra challenges in our family as you can see. My 18 y.o. has Aspergers( a type of high IQ autism) and my 12 y.o. has ADHD andODD(oppositional defiant disorder).My dh and I have been married 1 year and 7 months now. My sons fatherhasn't seen them in about 2 years even though he only lives 40 minutes away.I have been the custodial parent always but we have never had a co. My husband took custody of his youngest 2 sons 2 years ago but he doesn't have a co either. If you're doing the math yes,we got married just under 3 1/2 months after we first met. I work PT in a nursing home as a nursing supervisor( night shift) and my dh is a regional run truck driver(home most weekends but on the road through the week).     All right ,enough about me and my family.

LucyHarper
by Group Owner on Feb. 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Im Lucy and I live in New York, Im a stepmom and soon to be adoptive mom of a four year old boy. I've been married for a year. We are trying to have a baby.

CopsWife2006
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Hi I am Aubre,

I have 2 step daughters, Both from different moms. SD 11, SD, 8, and DH and I have a son together. We have the 11 year old part time and we are fighting for the other one right now. I live in Lakewood Colorado. My husband works for the Denver, and I am in the medical health record field. Basically I audit. 

Good to be here! 

mirm99
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Hi im miriam.. im 24 im a mother of 3 gorgeous babies.. my ds4.. dd2.. sd1.. my journey as a SM isn't like most.. my dh and I separated and a month after our separation BM got pregnant.. it's been a rollercoaster full of drama.. tears .. andof course laughter and joy .. but I wouldnt change it for the world.. my sd saved my marriage id like to think and dh has changed tremendously since we reconciled.. I've been a SM since sd was 2 months old so a little over a year now and we currently have joint custody 50/50 so mon to mon every other week.. I've raised my sd.. BM has been in the pic.. but she picks and chooses when she wants ti be a mom to my poor baby.. so I guess Ive stepped up when she's not there for her and thanks to that.. sd and I are super close.. I love her as my own and care for her as my own.. and that's it I think!.. lol.. im super excited Lucy started this group and I can't wait to get to know you all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN