Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This year for Christmas (ot)

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 146 Total Views

This year for Christmas we are not wanting gifts for our kids. We will get them a few things that they need but every year people go overboard. The kids closets are full, toy boxes are full, storage attic is getting full....everything is overwhelming for me and the kids and things get forgotten/lost/not played with. We will be adopting a family either locally or I think Khols has a program. We will ask that our family, if they want to, give gifts/donations to the family we "adopt" for Christmas. If they still want to get us something, we'll ask for something handmade or I guess gift cards.

What do you ladies think of this idea?

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Albond86
by Fluff Buff on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I think that's a wonderful idea! We are doing a super small Christmas and making the majority of presents for people.
Hannahsmommy816
by Group Owner on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Quoting Albond86:

I think that's a wonderful idea! We are doing a super small Christmas and making the majority of presents for people.

great idea too! for my relatives we may make goodies, idk yet!

Albond86
by Fluff Buff on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in the process of making quilts for the babies who were born this year, and mod podged picture frames with our family photo in them for everyone in the families!
mefingas
by Fluff Buff on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats awesome. This year we are trying to downsize gifts. Hopefully everyone will go for it. I have two baby quilts to make before i can make milton a christmas quilt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriaherring
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's a good idea! I've already bought Lorelei's Christmas, but we plan on donating old toys to help make space for new as well as teach Lorelei how to give.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)