Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Housework

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 110 Total Views
I've been trying to clean to get ready for Lorelei's birthday party. It seems like I get a little bit done during naptime and then by naptime the next day it's as bad as the day before. Today I cleaned out office/guest bedroom and that should stay clean but that's not even a room that will be touched during the party.

Yesterday I cleaned up all the toys in the living room and swept it all and it all got dragged back out and I need to sweep and it'a driving me insane. I hate the feeling of dirt under my feet inside. I need to put some of Lorelei's toys in storage just so she doesn't have as much to drag around.

And dishes are a never ending mountain of crap that needs washing or putting away. I wish we had the money to go out to eat so I didn't have as much to clean.

Do you guys have any tips to make this easier?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Hannahsmommy816
by Group Owner on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Tips: Have her put away a toy if she wants another one out. She should be able to do this! Claire will mostly listen if I tell her to put the last toy away.

dishes....wash them after each meal. it really helps to declutter the dishes. if you can do that anyway...i dont have a dishwasher so i handwash after each meal. ok i have a mostly full sink i didnt wash after dinner but i dont have breakfast/lunch to wash on top of dinner.

good luck!!

victoriaherring
by Head Admin on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM

So far I mostly clean dishes afterwards.. Just one meal seems to build up so much....

At this point I am not sure how I'll get her to put each toy away before getting another.. We just have a big play area with a box full of toys and just let her go at it.. I guess before naptime I can start getting her to put stuff away, and then the same again at bedtime.

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Tips: Have her put away a toy if she wants another one out. She should be able to do this! Claire will mostly listen if I tell her to put the last toy away.

dishes....wash them after each meal. it really helps to declutter the dishes. if you can do that anyway...i dont have a dishwasher so i handwash after each meal. ok i have a mostly full sink i didnt wash after dinner but i dont have breakfast/lunch to wash on top of dinner.

good luck!!

read my blog: www.rainingparade.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Hannahsmommy816
by Group Owner on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM

yea good idea before naps and before bed to clean up! i forgot, we try to do that too lol

Jules_
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:39 PM
I hate that feeling of dirt on my feet as well! Drives me insane!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)