Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sahm-vs-Working Moms

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:12 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 378 Total Views

Hi,

Have any of you ever been on mom confessions?

There are always so many posts about sahms vs working moms.

I think any mom at home or working should be praised.Yet I have seen so many negative posts about sahms.

That sahms are lazy and snobs.I feel so blessed to be a sahm.Why do some like to put sahms down?

~Tia 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
missamanda86
by Group Owner on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Confessions is my entertainment sometimes lol...I have worked as well as been a SAHM and as much as i loved my job (i am a CNA) I love my job as a mom sooo much more. I feel that the rewards of being a SAHM are so much more fullfilling, and i get to be home with my babies everyday. Theres nothing I love more than watching my kids grow and learn.

doodasmomma
by Head Admin on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM

IMO, the people doing the attacking aren't happy with their decisions. It could also be some resentment and jealousy. People just have to have something to complain about. Or rather someone. I do my best not to judge, I'll admit, I've slipped up. But it seems like some people out their want to judge people negatively no matter what they do or don't do. I love being a SAHM, I wouldn't trade it, unless I had no other options. Confessions seems like it's a big bash fest with the anon button anyway.     

LivinDeadGurl
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:35 PM

In my experience, those who are most down on a SAHM are those who are jealous. I know it isn't the case all the time, but the people who have been nastiest with me in real life about being a SAHM are the ones who wish they could stay home.

QueenBof6
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:45 AM
2 moms liked this
SAHM vs working mom is the dumbest debate I have ever seen. it's just asinie that one tries to belittle the other. We are all mothers.

Confessions entertains me though. I have to say when I'm bored I venture on in there and am highly amused.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MmaMaMa1203
by New Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM

No I haven't been on that forum but I have heard of it. There are several other social sites I am a part of and this debate is often on them... I can and have been on both sides of the fence. Now I am both, working from home PT. (My team is hiring if anyone is interested.) But I worked out of the home as well. It is a noble profession to be a GOOD mother that LOVES her children. It's hard for moms that are dedicated to family and house to comprehend that there are lazy, snobby, uninvolved moms in the world, but I assure you they are real. On the other hand, I can appreciate being a FT working mother, as I am short on patience, but they hardly see their kids. That works for some people. We are a diverse world of women! :)

I LOVE that I am home to raise my girls. I think if I wasn't I couldn't look myself in the mirrow or blame anyone else for the problems that arise. But I take that responsibility seriously.

Thanks for the post!

quietmomma
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

It ain't easy either way!!  Imo, it is a silly debate.

nicki1018
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I really see both, I know a friend of mine who is a sahm and shes nothing but sits on the couch and throws shoes at her kids when they act up!  Then there are others who work with the kids, clean, cook, pay bills, etc...

Dont read too much into that group, they are a bunch of silly women who like to eat the weak up.

QUICASANOVA
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I'VE BEEN ON CONFESSIONS, AND ALSO WAS A PART OF ONE OF THOSE DEBATES DEFENDING IS SAHM'S, I REALLY HATE WHEN WOMEN BELITTLE OTHER WOMEN BECAUSE OF THE CHOICES WE MAKE FOR OUR FAMILIES... WE ARE ALL HARDWORKING MOTHERS

extremelibrary
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I wish people would quit beating the dead horse already. I've done both. They are both hard but for very different reasons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)