Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At 4 yrs old ...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 118 Total Views
Dont u think ur child should be picking up his/her toy mess. My son does sometimes, but more than likely not. Makes me upset. He expects me to. Not cool. Im going to start taking away priviledges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Alexsmommy1205
by Group Admin on Feb. 21, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Yeah, I would make him.  My sister's kids still won't pick up theirs and they are 6, 7, and 10.  I think you should start making them do stuff like that early.

2007mommy2be
by Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I tried to, but would get tired of waiting or was so used to just doing it. Now my approach will be different. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirlborn
by Group Admin on Feb. 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Our 20mnth old will pick up his toys on command. I like to be strick about this because as young kids they really dont have responibilties other then being cute, so why not have them help ya out. He will also pick up his clothes after changing and put them in the laundry basket. I couldnt ask for it anybetter. :)

2007mommy2be
by Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:23 AM
The word is strict love ;-). So anyways thats great! My 4 yr old throws trash away, rinses and puts his dishes n the sink, puts his dirty clothes n the basket and puts away clean undies and socks, but he has a hard time putting toys away! Ugh!!

Quoting cowgirlborn:

Our 20mnth old will pick up his toys on command. I like to be strick about this because as young kids they really dont have responibilties other then being cute, so why not have them help ya out. He will also pick up his clothes after changing and put them in the laundry basket. I couldnt ask for it anybetter. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)