Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduction..Say Hello - The Happy Hour Lounge- New ladies check in here first please...

Posted by (Carlene :)) on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:54 AM
  • 287 Replies
  • 4628 Total Views

welcomeWELCOME to THE HAPPY HOUR LOUNGE.  A place to relax and unwind! Lets get to know each other better by sharing our day, laughing, venting, supporting each other and everything else we will learn along the way. I have so many plans for this group, I want this to be a place where you can come and just be yourself and gain info,by learning from other moms, but I can't do it without you, more minds more information :) PLEASE take a minute to look around and if you like and I am hoping you do, please do so by introducing yourself by clicking on the reply button..

Introducing yourself is an Easy way for other moms to know who you are, you can put as little or as much information about yourself, its just another form of getting to know you better. You may find that you have a lot in common with other moms and this is how lasting friendships begin.  There will be lots of great conversations but in order for us to get it started please feel free to join in and share your thoughts as well as starting your own post.. Nothing is off limits, just that I ask you to be mindful of others. Treat Others Like You Would Want to be Treated.

I hope you will stay around and get to know the group! Now lets start some conversations. Now click add reply to get started.. Thank You!

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM
5 moms liked this

Hello, I'm Carlene, this Group Administrator. I am the mother to an awesome seventeen year old.  I was an avid Face Book junkie but got hooked on cafe mom in the last month.  I enjoy meeting people, learning about different cultures, making jewelry, reading motivational books, taking long walks, looking at reality tv and I can go on. My goal is at the end of this year to have a community of friends engaging in meaningful and resourceful conversations..

Thanks again for visiting the Lounge and do hope you come back.. My hopes are that moms can find this group a place where information becomes power!

Love2Bake
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello.   I am not  new to Cafemom but I was invited to join this group so here I am:)   In a nutshell, I have been though Hell in my life as a result abuse, some bad choices, and a lot of bad people, but I am still willing to put myself out there to meet new people.  I do not have any children yet.. but desperately want to become a mom one day.  I know that I have a lot of love to give.  I guess I better put the pedal to the metal soon before my eggs dry up....LOL.  

I hope that I can be of resource to anyone who wants any guidance in a situation in which I have had experience.  I consider myself as someone who has a  lot of insight about my own life and, most importantly, I understand human nature.  I also hope that I can receive guidance, support, or just a keyboard to let off some steam (diplomatically of course) if need be.  Most importantly, I am looking for friends.  Not snakes (sorry....I've had WAY TO MANY of those in my life)....but friends.

by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM

welcomeHello, Thank you for dropping by.. This is a new group that I hope will get moms from all walks of life to get together talking about everyday experieces..Please feel free to start or follow a conversation.. Have a Fantastic Day..

Quoting Love2Bake:

Hello.   I am not  new to Cafemom but I was invited to join this group so here I am:)   In a nutshell, I have been though Hell in my life as a result abuse, some bad choices, and a lot of bad people, but I am still willing to put myself out there to meet new people.  I do not have any children yet.. but desperately want to become a mom one day.  I know that I have a lot of love to give.  I guess I better put the pedal to the metal soon before my eggs dry up....LOL.  

I hope that I can be of resource to anyone who wants any guidance in a situation in which I have had experience.  I consider myself as someone who has a  lot of insight about my own life and, most importantly, I understand human nature.  I also hope that I can receive guidance, support, or just a keyboard to let off some steam (diplomatically of course) if need be.  Most importantly, I am looking for friends.  Not snakes (sorry....I've had WAY TO MANY of those in my life)....but friends.

Love2Bake
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

welcomeHello, Thank you for dropping by.. This is a new group that I hope will get moms from all walks of life to get together talking about everyday experieces..Please feel free to start or follow a conversation.. Have a Fantastic Day..

Quoting Love2Bake:

Thank you for the warm welcome!    You have a great day, too:)

adams_sweetie
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey there! I'm Malia. I'm 23, a SAHM to 2 great boys and I'm married to a wonderful man. We are living at ft hood Texas at the moment but will soon be moving to Ohio. I love baking and cooking and being with my family. I can't wait to meet you all and start chatting soon.
MyKevin1995
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Hi there - I'm JoAnn...I am a single mom of a 16 year old son.  I turned 40 years old in January.   I live in New York - moving to New Jersey next year.  I work full time and don't really go out often, so it's nice to be here and meeting some new friends to keep in touch with :)  

by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Hi, Joann.  welcomeits so nice to meet you and welcome.. Well, we both have something in common or sons are 1 year apart.. Welcome to being a teenage mom, lol..I lived in NY, years ago and worked in the city, miss that.  I now live in IL and absolutely hate the weather, I think its worse than NY, if I remembered correctly..Well, its a small group and growing so Im so glad that you are a part of it.. I am an open book, I am usually on here all the time,so look forward too chatting with you :)

Quoting MyKevin1995:

Hi there - I'm JoAnn...I am a single mom of a 16 year old son.  I turned 40 years old in January.   I live in New York - moving to New Jersey next year.  I work full time and don't really go out often, so it's nice to be here and meeting some new friends to keep in touch with :)  

Momtraffic
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Hello Carlene Thanks so much for inviting me hope to make some new friends here :)

by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Hi, Not a problem, glad that you joined. I just inbox you as well, Anytime.. Im on here all the time trying to work it..Ask me anything or anytime, I am here to help..lol!

Quoting Momtraffic:

Hello Carlene Thanks so much for inviting me hope to make some new friends here :)

nikabear
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Hello everyone My name is Nika and I am the mother of three wonderful children! I have a 15 year old daughter, a 9 year year old son with special needs and a 6 year old pink and purple diva. I studied biology in college and now am in school now to become a surgical technologist and then a nurse. I am in a relationship with a great guy and he loves my kids. That has been a long time coming. Working on buying a house this year and maybe getting married......(fingers crossed) I have been on cafemom for years and have met a lot of wonderful ladies. I have been quite active in the past couple of months because of my facebook hiatus. I am looking forward to meeting new friends and having fun. Thanks for the invite!

simple smile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)