Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dips - Share Your Recipe

Posted by (Carlene :)) on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 131 Total Views

Love Me some quacamole...

Fresh Avocado

Lemon Juice

Chopped Onions

Cilantro

Totmatoes

Instructions:

Pit avocado, smash in bowl.. Add lemon juice, chopped onions, cilantro, chopped tomatoes. Smash everything in.. (Done.. eat with chips) 

Additionally If you are in a rush..

Some ppl buy the guacamole mix and add to advocado, (Not the same, but thought I'd throw it in there, its not bad either.. if you are in a rush..)

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
shadenn766
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont make it homemade...but i do like french onion and spinach dips

Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:13 PM

i absolutely love spinach dip, I have been meaning to find a recipe..

Quoting shadenn766:

i dont make it homemade...but i do like french onion and spinach dips

sucker4myloves
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Very simple, fattening but yummy spinach dip. You'll need:

Fresh spinach (I buy the bag in the produce section)
Butter
Salt, garlic (powder, minced, fresh, take your pick)
Cream cheese.

Wilt the spinach in a skillet by melting a tablespoon of butter in it on medium heat (or more, depends on how much you're wilting). Add minced or fresh garlic to the butter if you're not using garlic powder. Add the spinach, and let it wilt down while stirring occasionally. While it's wilting down, add your salt (or garlic powder if you don't use the other types), I also like to add a bit of paprika but most don't like that. When it's done, add a table spoon of cream cheese and melt it in while mixing. I prefer using more cream cheese, but I am a fat kid!

A child could make this and it's very good. Makes a great lunch to me! Also, I like to cut a flour or corn tortilla into little "pizza slices" and put some oil in a pan and make my own chips. Just throw em in when the oil's hot and let them crisp on each side. With flour, they puff up but it's delicious. The corn doesn't puff but most prefer it over flour. (NOT ME!) I always make my little chips for eating my spinach dip :)

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM

blowing kissesThank you soooooooooo much.. Yummie! 

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Butter
Cream cheese.

Wilt the spinach in a skillet by melting a tablespoon of butter in it on medium heat (or more, depends on how much you're wilting). Add minced or fresh garlic to the butter if you're not using garlic powder. Add the spinach, and let it wilt down while stirring occasionally. While it's wilting down, add your salt (or garlic powder if you don't use the other types), I also like to add a bit of paprika but most don't like that. When it's done, add a table spoon of cream cheese and melt it in while mixing. I prefer using more cream cheese, but I am a fat kid!

A child could make this and it's very good. Makes a great lunch to me! Also, I like to cut a flour or corn tortilla into little "pizza slices" and put some oil in a pan and make my own chips. Just throw em in when the oil's hot and let them crisp on each side. With flour, they puff up but it's delicious. The corn doesn't puff but most prefer it over flour. (NOT ME!) I always make my little chips for eating my spinach dip :)

shadenn766
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM

thanks...

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Butter
Cream cheese.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)