Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some spices you use when cooking?

by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Replies (21-26):
Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Yes, the Northwoods Fire sounds good.. I have never seen this brand, need to really look...

Quoting SunCrazy:

I love Northwoods Fire from Penzys. It is a blend of chipolte, paprika, garlic, rosemary, thyme and cayenne. It is great on any kind of meat.

I also use a lot of Sandwich Sprinkle, also from Penzys. It is a blend of salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme and marjoram. It is great on potatoes and garlic bread.

SunCrazy Group Admin
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM
You won't find Penzys just any where. They have their own stores and sell online.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Yes, the Northwoods Fire sounds good.. I have never seen this brand, need to really look...

Quoting SunCrazy:

I love Northwoods Fire from Penzys. It is a blend of chipolte, paprika, garlic, rosemary, thyme and cayenne. It is great on any kind of meat.

I also use a lot of Sandwich Sprinkle, also from Penzys. It is a blend of salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme and marjoram. It is great on potatoes and garlic bread.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM

love cooking with Chili Powder

team_porculoon
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Aboslute favorites for me are rosemary, dill, and basil.  I like chili too, sometimes paprika... really depends on what it is, but the first 3 are my go tos.

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:25 PM

rosemary can really light up some pasta.. so I love that too.. Dill, brings to mind pickles and I love pickeled anything.. so much so planning on getting some mason jars and pickle onions, bell peppers, carrots, anything my mouth is watering.. (OOH goodness my son is hovering over me to read a piece he wrote, the USB is in.. well going to read his piece..) lol.. You are a writer you know how that goes.. :)

Quoting team_porculoon:

Aboslute favorites for me are rosemary, dill, and basil.  I like chili too, sometimes paprika... really depends on what it is, but the first 3 are my go tos.

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)