Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Wear Make up Everyday?

Posted by (Carlene :)) on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 166 Total Views
Or only on special occasion? Do you have a beauty regimen,if so What? What moisturizer do u use. Please share....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mommywithtwo23
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I just started to wear eyemakeup but I use clean and clear beauty regimen because my skin has issues.

abusednotbroken Group Admin
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:31 PM

My skin has issues too...partially oily, but also dry too so I need to exfoliate...end result, just prone to blackheads and other acne. So I typically use baby shampoo to wash my face or Oil of Olay, I steam my skin a lot, use vasoline to put on as a mask, use an extractor and use Sea Breeze as an astringent (this is as of late and seems to work best for me). I wear makeup here and there. Feel like wearing it today.

MommyMojo
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I wash my face day and night.  I put on stuff to tighten and protect.  Then it is all foundation, powder, eye, cheeks and lips.  I even do shading with a very dark powder to make my face and nose look thinner.

SoJosMom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I turned 30 last year and one of the things I wanted to do was start a skin care regimen for myself - something I have never done before. Finally got around to it this month! Went to a local department store's Clinique make-up counter and had a consultant match my colors for a foundation. Love the foundation she choose for me! I'm trying to wear it everyday now. If you have never had a consultation at a make-up counter, I highly recommend it! I wish I had done it sooner. After figuring out my correct shade of foundation, I was able to match up some great lipstick, gloss, blush, and eyeliner. 

I also use Neutrogena's Daily Skin Moisturizer for day and night as well as one of their daily facial scrubs. Love it! I may use Clinque's line of cleansers in the future, but I am happy with Neutrogena currently - a dermatologist I saw in high school (12 years ago) recommended it.

drowning in laundryhappy valentinesimple smilewe rock

Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I save the heavy make up for special occasions, by heavy I mean my foundation.. I wear a translucent powder.  Foundation from Mac.. Eye Pencil from Estau Lauder, Everything else from Walgreens, lol.. Daily it would be the translucent powder, eyeliner and mascara..  I love doing weekly mask and scrubs and my bathroom closet is like a Pharmacy, I need to stop with the beauty products, lol..

Quoting SoJosMom:

I turned 30 last year and one of the things I wanted to do was start a skin care regimen for myself - something I have never done before. Finally got around to it this month! Went to a local department store's Clinique make-up counter and had a consultant match my colors for a foundation. Love the foundation she choose for me! I'm trying to wear it everyday now. If you have never had a consultation at a make-up counter, I highly recommend it! I wish I had done it sooner. After figuring out my correct shade of foundation, I was able to match up some great lipstick, gloss, blush, and eyeliner. 

I also use Neutrogena's Daily Skin Moisturizer for day and night as well as one of their daily facial scrubs. Love it! I may use Clinque's line of cleansers in the future, but I am happy with Neutrogena currently - a dermatologist I saw in high school (12 years ago) recommended it.

SoJosMom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I know what you mean about feeling like the bathroom closet is a pharmacy! Too funny! Before I bought my Clinque makeup, I made a conscious effort to purge what I was dissatisfied with - turned out to be a lot!

For years I never liked to wear foundation because I always found it so heavy. I usually bought the drugstore brands - typically Almay & Neutrogena for me. I still use Neutrogena's cleanser and moisturizer. I would buy their makeups though and then maybe only use them a handful of times. :(

What amazed me about Clinque is that the liquid foundation is so light! I almost couldn't believe it! To me, it feels lighter than the powders I have worn. (I know that sounds crazy!) I tried a free sample of it for a week before purchasing a bottle (I believe it was $25). Finally found a shade that goes just right with my skin. I was so impressed with it that I bought it. I use just about a pea size dab spread smoothly on my face. Anymore and I wouldn't feel comfortable (I've discovered this regardless of the brand for me). Hoping it lasts for 6 months.?

I would love to learn how to do my eyes better! I haven't bought an eye pencil, liner or even shadow yet. I did get a little mascara. I have horrible eye makeup skills! I might check out some how-to videos online in the future for that.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

I save the heavy make up for special occasions, by heavy I mean my foundation.. I wear a translucent powder.  Foundation from Mac.. Eye Pencil from Estau Lauder, Everything else from Walgreens, lol.. Daily it would be the translucent powder, eyeliner and mascara..  I love doing weekly mask and scrubs and my bathroom closet is like a Pharmacy, I need to stop with the beauty products, lol..

Quoting SoJosMom:

drowning in laundryhappy valentinesimple smilewe rock

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

OK, I'm sold I will check out a sample of clinique foundation as well, got me by you saying how light it is.. I don't like the foundation where your makeup is the first thing that greets someone. I also heard that MaryKay carries a good foundation, Ive seen a couple of ladies and it was nice and smooth on them as well, so thats another one I will check.  As for the eyes, I love wearing eyepencil and mascara.. I paid I think between 22-25 for my pencil from Estau Lauder, I thought it was crazy but the techs eyes was so well lined, I had to get it.  Well, I have found that the tip is too thick and I have a horrible time lining neatly without smuging :) I love well defined eyebrows and so I have managed to stay with one lady since all the other were trying to move my eyebrows off my face by making them to thin, lol.. I have had some experiences can you tell, lol..  With all being said, I love the light foundation, some eyeliner, mascara and glossy lips.. If ever you are in the Mac store try "oh baby" its neutral color and so cute.. I think it would look good on anyone.. Good idea about looking at tutorials, the cosmotologist write at our finger tips..

Quoting SoJosMom:

I know what you mean about feeling like the bathroom closet is a pharmacy! Too funny! Before I bought my Clinque makeup, I made a conscious effort to purge what I was dissatisfied with - turned out to be a lot!

For years I never liked to wear foundation because I always found it so heavy. I usually bought the drugstore brands - typically Almay & Neutrogena for me. I still use Neutrogena's cleanser and moisturizer. I would buy their makeups though and then maybe only use them a handful of times. :(

What amazed me about Clinque is that the liquid foundation is so light! I almost couldn't believe it! To me, it feels lighter than the powders I have worn. (I know that sounds crazy!) I tried a free sample of it for a week before purchasing a bottle (I believe it was $25). Finally found a shade that goes just right with my skin. I was so impressed with it that I bought it. I use just about a pea size dab spread smoothly on my face. Anymore and I wouldn't feel comfortable (I've discovered this regardless of the brand for me). Hoping it lasts for 6 months.?

I would love to learn how to do my eyes better! I haven't bought an eye pencil, liner or even shadow yet. I did get a little mascara. I have horrible eye makeup skills! I might check out some how-to videos online in the future for that.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting SoJosMom:

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN