Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if so, do you do them youself? I'm kind of interested. I've done wraps, but would like something longer-term that wouldn't tangle in my hair. I sometimes braid in ribbons into my hair to protect it and give weight.

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Replies (11-13):
Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:02 AM
oh Lawd, Mona lol, wig sweetpea,ha

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

where have I been, I have never heard of yarn..hmmmmm

Quoting 4reel:

No extensions here but I will throw a wig on. 80s blue  Tell me more about the ribbon.  I heard about yarn.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I will youtube, I am not getting the ribbon concept :(

Quoting 4reel:

I would love to hear more bout the ribbon idea.......uhhhh just to be certain are we talking about africa american hair, lol  Don't get my hopes up,lol

Quoting abusednotbroken:

I
used yarn before, but it kind of tangles in the hair. I did watch a lady
on youtube that said to use acrylic yarn. Maybe I used the wrong kind.
The ribbons I used were not shiny and were long. I used them for a huge braid and when my hair stopped, I kept braiding those pieces and then twisted it all up into a braid. I like the yarn idea, but I'll have to check into the acrylic kind.

Quoting 4reel:

No extensions here but I will throw a wig on. 80s blue  Tell me more about the ribbon.  I heard about yarn.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abusednotbroken Group Admin
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

For yarn, not ribbon.

Quoting 4reel:

I would love to hear more bout the ribbon idea.......uhhhh just to be certain are we talking about africa american hair, lol  Don't get my hopes up,lol

Quoting abusednotbroken:

I used yarn before, but it kind of tangles in the hair. I did watch a lady on youtube that said to use acrylic yarn. Maybe I used the wrong kind. The ribbons I used were not shiny and were long. I used them for a huge braid and when my hair stopped, I kept braiding those pieces and then twisted it all up into a braid. I like the yarn idea, but I'll have to check into the acrylic kind.

Quoting 4reel:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)