Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pumpkin alfredo style sauce

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:03 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 266 Total Views

Okay ladies, as you've probably figured out, I'm a pumpkin everything fanatic. Well, a friend at the grocery pointed out pumpkin spice cream cheese and I of course bought it. After tasting it and having a small orgasm, I decided to make a creamy sauce out of it. I'm no good at measuring things so bear with me, but it's super easy to do and you can sub any of the REALLY fatty stuff with your choice of low fat things. This experiment came out so good I can barely take it!! My son is currently stuffing his face on the couch.

1 1/2 cups heavy cream

1 Cup Milk

3-4 tablespoons pumpkin spice cream cheese

Basil, rosemary, paprika, chili powder garlic/garlic powder, salt, pepper.

1 lb chicken breast

Bag of spinach

Butter

Dice up your chicken and cook it in the pan with a little butter. In a seperate pan, pour in your heavy cream, milk, pumpkin spice cream cheese and a tablespoon or so of butter. Add all the above mentioned spices to taste. I used probably a fourth teaspon of each, except I used diced garlic instead of powder. Turn the heat of the pan to medium and whisk it up as it heats.

Stir about your chicken and once it's ALMOST all the way done, add the spinach to it to wilt in the pan. I don't know how much spinach people prefer, I probably used a cup after I diced it up. Maybe a cup and a half. I also added garlic and salt to the chicken and spinach. Once the spinach is wilted and the chicken cooked through, turn it off and set aside.

Once the sauce is all the way mixed and beginning to bubble, turn it down to the lowest setting and keep whisking. If it's thinner than you like after a minute or two, add just a smidge of flour till you get the consistancy you want. Keep whisking so it doesn't burn! Once it's about as thick as you like, turn it off and add your chicken and spinach. Put that over some noodles and have a fall foodgasm.

The only thing I want to do differently next time: Less cream, more milk, and more spinach. This stuff was SOOO GOOOD.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abusednotbroken Group Admin
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Sounds very interesting. How was the finished pumpkin taste result? Was it buttery or sweet?

sucker4myloves
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Both. It was just so savory and good. My son loved it, and while my husband will eat almost anything I make, he went nuts over this one. He was all tired scratching his butt and looking for caffeine and I said "Did you like dinner?" and he gets all kinds of loud and goes "OMG I LOVED IT!!"

Quoting abusednotbroken:

Sounds very interesting. How was the finished pumpkin taste result? Was it buttery or sweet?

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

lol It's butt-scratching good! Your recipe is very similar to how I make my sauce too, so I was wondering how the pumpkin affected the taste.... Sounds really good

Hey! Did you figure out how to make your own pumpkin creamer??

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Okay ladies, as you've probably figured out, I'm a pumpkin everything fanatic. Well, a friend at the grocery pointed out pumpkin spice cream cheese and I of course bought it. After tasting it and having a small orgasm, I decided to make a creamy sauce out of it. I'm no good at measuring things so bear with me, but it's super easy to do and you can sub any of the REALLY fatty stuff with your choice of low fat things. This experiment came out so good I can barely take it!! My son is currently stuffing his face on the couch.

1 1/2 cups heavy cream

1 Cup Milk

1 lb chicken breast

Bag of spinach

Butter

Dice up your chicken and cook it in the pan with a little butter. In a seperate pan, pour in your heavy cream, milk, pumpkin spice cream cheese and a tablespoon or so of butter. Add all the above mentioned spices to taste. I used probably a fourth teaspon of each, except I used diced garlic instead of powder. Turn the heat of the pan to medium and whisk it up as it heats.

Stir about your chicken and once it's ALMOST all the way done, add the spinach to it to wilt in the pan. I don't know how much spinach people prefer, I probably used a cup after I diced it up. Maybe a cup and a half. I also added garlic and salt to the chicken and spinach. Once the spinach is wilted and the chicken cooked through, turn it off and set aside.

Once the sauce is all the way mixed and beginning to bubble, turn it down to the lowest setting and keep whisking. If it's thinner than you like after a minute or two, add just a smidge of flour till you get the consistancy you want. Keep whisking so it doesn't burn! Once it's about as thick as you like, turn it off and add your chicken and spinach. Put that over some noodles and have a fall foodgasm.

The only thing I want to do differently next time: Less cream, more milk, and more spinach. This stuff was SOOO GOOOD.

sucker4myloves
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Eh, yeah, but I wasn't thrilled with it. You have to strain out the clumpy bits, and it doesn't last too long in the fridge, AND it leaves sludge in the bottom of your cup. All in all I was not pleased with putting so much effort into something for sub-par results. So I just bought pumpkin creamer lmao

Quoting abusednotbroken:

lol It's butt-scratching good! Your recipe is very similar to how I make my sauce too, so I was wondering how the pumpkin affected the taste.... Sounds really good

Hey! Did you figure out how to make your own pumpkin creamer??

Quoting sucker4myloves:

1 1/2 cups heavy cream

1 Cup Milk

1 lb chicken breast

Bag of spinach

Butter

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:22 AM

lol. Do you make sweet tea? I found out that if you heat up sugar in a separate pan, it won't collect all at the bottom of the pitcher. Do you think this would help it to not collect in bits? Probably just easier to buy it ready made though.

sucker4myloves
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM

It's not the sugar, it's the spicesagbhf vv

Quoting abusednotbroken:

lol. Do you make sweet tea? I found out that if you heat up sugar in a separate pan, it won't collect all at the bottom of the pitcher. Do you think this would help it to not collect in bits? Probably just easier to buy it ready made though.

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM

mmmmmmm because of the cream? heat anyway and blend?

sucker4myloves
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM

lol sorry, my son is grabbing me and being a turd. It's the spices, they don't fully dissolve.

Quoting abusednotbroken:

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

lol, my "mmmmmm" was just me thinking... I'm super curious why it didn't mix, but not so curious I'd try it lol. I'm thinking heat or something in the steps needs to altered. Ah well, you're happy with the store stuff and you made an awesome meal =)

Quoting sucker4myloves:

lol sorry, my son is grabbing me and being a turd. It's the spices, they don't fully dissolve.

Quoting abusednotbroken:

Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 4:47 AM
Oooh Yummmmie, I want to try..Omg, I tasted Thai food for the first time, it was to die for..I wish I could replicate that sauce..peanutbutter,coconut,sourcream,not sure of spices that enhanced...oh so good, kept asking for refill. Eaten with real softlike tortilla made dough...Have you ever tasted Thai food?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)