Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My new and favorite way to make chicken curry (PIOG)

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 103 Total Views
1 mom liked this

1 lb chicken, chunks
2 1/2 tbs garam masala
2 tbsp yellow curry
1/2 cup water
1 can coconut milk
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 bunch of Kale
1 carrot
1 cup of rice

Make the rice in a seperate pan, any kind of rice goes with this.

Heat the oil in a skillet and add the garam masala, curry, brown sugar, and salt if you wish. Mix it all about and toss in the diced up chicken. Let those cook through and add a 1/2 cup of water. Throw in your kale and let it wilt down in the pan while you mix it around and then add the carrots. Add the coconut milk and let it simmer for around fifteen minutes or so, depending on how cooked down you want it. Some people add tomato paste for thickening but I prefer it thin and soupy to go with the rice. I put this deliciousness right on a bed of rice and poured most of the sauce in with it cause it's so good! You might taste it while it's simmering to see if you prefer more spice or salt or anything.

It's really simple to make ladies, and really freaking good!! I damn near passed out from it ;)

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Go Shannon, sounds very tasty.. You do know Im from trinidad and this is one of our traditional dishes..

Potatoes and chickpeas are too sides you can add in, which absorbs the curry flavor and is just sooooooooo good..  Now if you go to the indian store you can by there "roti" its like soft tortilla is the best I know to describe, goes well when dipped in sauce or you can even put in tortilla... Yummie.  I love me some curry.. I have some recipes I will post whenever I have a chance.. Looks like you can put it away in the kitchen, girlie...

sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Oooooh I keep forgetting you're from Trinidad, please please please share yummy recipes! I loooove flavorful food. And by that I mean food that isn't flavored with salt and pepper and CALLED flavorful. Oh, and I just found out the HEB carries spices in bulk, comes out so much cheaper than buying little bottles of it and I can get anything I need!! Also, I love falafal so I'm pretty sure I'd love chickpeas that absorb curry too. I love doing curried sweet potatoes.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Go Shannon, sounds very tasty.. You do know Im from trinidad and this is one of our traditional dishes..

Potatoes and chickpeas are too sides you can add in, which absorbs the curry flavor and is just sooooooooo good..  Now if you go to the indian store you can by there "roti" its like soft tortilla is the best I know to describe, goes well when dipped in sauce or you can even put in tortilla... Yummie.  I love me some curry.. I have some recipes I will post whenever I have a chance.. Looks like you can put it away in the kitchen, girlie...

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

hmmmmmm, never heard of the curry sweet potatoes, but sounds Yummie.. I will post some recipes for you, no probs... I know of HEB, when I lived in Texas.. There are so many indian curry paste out there that's awesome.. I have never cooked with the paste but with the powder. Chiefs Curry Powder..

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Oooooh I keep forgetting you're from Trinidad, please please please share yummy recipes! I loooove flavorful food. And by that I mean food that isn't flavored with salt and pepper and CALLED flavorful. Oh, and I just found out the HEB carries spices in bulk, comes out so much cheaper than buying little bottles of it and I can get anything I need!! Also, I love falafal so I'm pretty sure I'd love chickpeas that absorb curry too. I love doing curried sweet potatoes.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I use curry and garam masala and make my own pastes. Usually with  more turmeric and cumin. I like LOTS of flavor!

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

hmmmmmm, never heard of the curry sweet potatoes, but sounds Yummie.. I will post some recipes for you, no probs... I know of HEB, when I lived in Texas.. There are so many indian curry paste out there that's awesome.. I have never cooked with the paste but with the powder. Chiefs Curry Powder..

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I can tell... :)

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I use curry and garam masala and make my own pastes. Usually with  more turmeric and cumin. I like LOTS of flavor!

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN