Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you wear this dress to a professional job interview?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM

If you wore it with a jacket maybe.  But I notice like anchor women are wearing their arms out and looking professional, I have seen them wearing armless on entertainment tonight  and even Michelle Obama at her socialite events.. On an interview without a jacket I don't think its appropriate.. Although standards are changing..

abusednotbroken Group Admin
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I think it depends on the job. I know you said "professional," but I think it's good for an upscale store or a CEO of a fashion company.....but I couldn't see wearing this to a law firm. Although, my previous managing attorney wore stuff like this and the atmosphere was more relaxed.

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, maybe in fashion and like you said depends on the job you can get away with it.. Professionally, I don't think so.. but the world is moving faster than I am..

Quoting abusednotbroken:

I think it depends on the job. I know you said "professional," but I think it's good for an upscale store or a CEO of a fashion company.....but I couldn't see wearing this to a law firm. Although, my previous managing attorney wore stuff like this and the atmosphere was more relaxed.

4reel
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM

The job i had in mind was for an IT position.  I am a bit old fashion and I would not wear it.  I hate it when people come to an interview in jeans.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Yep, maybe in fashion and like you said depends on the job you can get away with it.. Professionally, I don't think so.. but the world is moving faster than I am..

Quoting abusednotbroken:

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Absolutely not. I suppose maybe I'm like you and can't keep up with the changing standards, but I know that I would never show up to a job interview like that, and if I were a hiring manager, I would not even consider someone who showed up like that.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM

are you serious, people have come on an interview with jeans, unbelievable!

Quoting 4reel:

The job i had in mind was for an IT position.  I am a bit old fashion and I would not wear it.  I hate it when people come to an interview in jeans.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting abusednotbroken:

4reel
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Yes.....that is a straight a NONO in my book.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

are you serious, people have come on an interview with jeans, unbelievable!

Quoting 4reel:

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting abusednotbroken:

Mashnut3161
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:01 AM

It would be daily wear for me

4reel
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Happy Birthday!!!

Quoting Mashnut3161:

Mashnut3161
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Quoting 4reel:

Happy Birthday!!!

Quoting Mashnut3161:

Thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)