Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Platform Pumps

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 193 Total Views

I'm looking for feedback from women who have experience wearing platform pumps. I've been intrigued by them for awhile, since younger women here started wearing them regularly, and I'm very comfortable in high heels, even as high as 5" without platforms, but I've always opted to having the soles of my feet closer to the ground. Please tell me your experiences.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I can no longer stand even the smallest of heels these days, so I'm no help. But those sure are some gorgeous kicks!

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

abusednotbroken Group Admin
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I don't have much experience with them, but I'd gather that they're easier on the feet because they only have the perceived appearance of having an extreme heel, but are really shorter on the heel because of the elevation of the frontal portion of the feet. They look good. I'd say go for it.

Karla1948
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I wear heels daily, between 2" and  3". But on occasion, I like to wear "really" high heels. 5" is my limit without a platform. 

Quoting abusednotbroken:

I don't have much experience with them, but I'd gather that they're easier on the feet because they only have the perceived appearance of having an extreme heel, but are really shorter on the heel because of the elevation of the frontal portion of the feet. They look good. I'd say go for it.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I think you could totally pull this off then. I think they only lift your heel about 3 inches up. Have you tried a pair?

Quoting Karla1948:

I wear heels daily, between 2" and  3". But on occasion, I like to wear "really" high heels. 5" is my limit without a platform. 

Quoting abusednotbroken:

Karla1948
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Not yet. I'm in Germany at the moment, but once I get home, I plan to go shopping.

Quoting abusednotbroken:

I think you could totally pull this off then. I think they only lift your heel about 3 inches up. Have you tried a pair?

Quoting Karla1948:

Quoting abusednotbroken:

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Jessica Simpson has some nice ones

Quoting Karla1948:

Not yet. I'm in Germany at the moment, but once I get home, I plan to go shopping.

Quoting abusednotbroken:

Quoting Karla1948:

Quoting abusednotbroken:

4reel
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I have some and they are very comfortable.....I had to try on several to get the comfy feeling.  I love my wedge heal pumps best.  They are not an everyday shoe,lol

juliemom308
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:53 AM

I have boots with a platform but not shoes. The shoes in the photos look very pretty though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)