Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you eat "FISH" What type do you like?

Posted by (Carlene :)) on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 169 Total Views

What type fish do you like?

I don't eat fish as often as I should but I love;

1. Salmon but pricey..

2. Talapia - Takes season very well

3. King Fish

But my new favorite fish is called Porgy.. It takes seasoning very well and is soooo darn tasty when fried... OMG..  Has anyone ever tasted this fish? Where do you buy your fish.. I get my talapia from Walmart, its frozen but nice size.  And usually at the fish markets, fresh fish, they usually clean and filet for me..

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunCrazy Group Admin
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Not as often as I would like. I like tuna and salmon but also shrimp, scallops, crab and lobster. I usually don't like it fried, too greasy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sassy71
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I like most fish...salmon,tilapia, catfish, perch, orange roughy, seafood, lol most all of it.

aimhawk
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM

We eat it 2 - 3 times a month. Tilapia and sometimes Cod. I've just recently started eating fish, because as a kid everyone always deep fried catfish and carpi, it made me hate fish. Oh and I love crab, shrimp, lobster, and newly tried scallops!!!

sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I was getting some frozen fish I liked but I can't remember the name. It was at HEB and Walmart with the tilapia, looks a lot like it but a different name. I used to love tilapia, but unfortunately I made some and was sick for the next two days. It wasn't the tilapia...it was that my husband mopped the floor with a contaminated mop (he does very stupid things every so often), and we had Tilapia that night. Before morning, my son and I were violently ill, and he was next. I still can't eat tilapia, and this occured quite a while back.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I eat fish about twice a month as well, beginning to really like it so might eat once a week, Walmart has a great deal on talapia, so not overly expensive.. I too have found a new likeness for scallops.. All this talk about fish is making me hungry :(

Quoting aimhawk:

We eat it 2 - 3 times a month. Tilapia and sometimes Cod. I've just recently started eating fish, because as a kid everyone always deep fried catfish and carpi, it made me hate fish. Oh and I love crab, shrimp, lobster, and newly tried scallops!!!

aimhawk
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Yeah, they have a pack with 5 - 7 filets for $4.98. Scallops are just simply amazing, I had some yesterday.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

I eat fish about twice a month as well, beginning to really like it so might eat once a week, Walmart has a great deal on talapia, so not overly expensive.. I too have found a new likeness for scallops.. All this talk about fish is making me hungry :(

Quoting aimhawk:

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, thats the one, I think in IL we pay about 6.99 for about 10, I am never disappointed when I buy that one..

Quoting aimhawk:

Yeah, they have a pack with 5 - 7 filets for $4.98. Scallops are just simply amazing, I had some yesterday.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting aimhawk:

SoJosMom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I am afraid I eat nothing that swims. Icky!
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

really? You've never tasted it or you stopped as an adult, very interesting..

Quoting SoJosMom:

I am afraid I eat nothing that swims. Icky!

SoJosMom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Stopped as a young child. There was a 'minor' incident with me as a child when I would chipmunk any sort of fish in my checks at the dinner table and then excuse myself to the bathroom. I then would spit the fish out into toilet paper into the trash can. Well let's just say something started to smell a little 'fishy' and my mom was livid. LOL. I don't like the taste or texture or smell.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)