Hey ladies.... a friend of mine who I went to school with is a chef and has made her own seasoning and it is sooo good, on whatever you use it on, I'll post some pics...I don't have all the receipes but she's on FB and sending out samples of the seasoing if you inbox her ...just go to leatherwood spices, trust me you won't be disappointed.
Paypal your order to me: firstname.lastname@example.org (this is her)
$12 each or 2/$20..12 oz recyclable bottles....
Get yours now...ALL NEW...Lemongrass Infused Sea Salt...$3 for 7 oz pack....all natural lemongrass essence infused into purified sea salt..clean, fresh and unique flavor...if you choose to use salt..USE THIS ONE....
Oven Roasted Vegetables
3lbs Any Assortment of Veggies You Chose*
2 whole Cloves of Garlic (minced)
¼ cup Olive Oil (Regular or Extra Virgin is ok)
½ cup Fresh Herbs of Your Choice (roughly chopped)
¼ cup Leatherwood Seasoning
TT Freshly Gound Pepper
TT Freshly Ground Allspice (if using winter veggies)
1. Preheat ovent to 425°F. Place rack on middle chelf position
2. Wash, trim and cut all veggies in uniform shapes (bite sized = medium to large dice or slice, dice, chop), put in a large bowl
3. Crush or mince and add to bowl
4. Add ½ herbs to bowl along with olive oil
5. Toss to coat evenly, add more oil if necessary
6. Sprinkle the Leatherwood over mixture, add as much pepper as you’d like and toss to coat again
7. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet(spray with non-stick coating if you think necessary)
8. Place in oven and roast anywhere from 20-45 minutes depending on the veggies. Winter veggies (squash, turnips, parsnips, carrots etc. generally take longer than summer veggies (tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, potatoes etc.).
9. When veggies are a little firmer than fork tender and slightly browned on the edges they are done. Remove from oven, taste to adjust seasoning if needed and serve immediately.
2 lbs Skirt Steak (marinate overnight for more flavor)
2 large Green Bell Pepper - sliced
½ large Red Bell Pepper - sliced
½ large Yellow Bell Pepper - sliced
¼ cup plus 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
½ large Sweet Yellow Onion- Sliced
½ cup Cilantro- roughly chopped
2 each Garlic Cloves - minced
3 TBS LEATHERWOOD SEASONING
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
12 each Flour Tortillas
1. Stir cumin in small skillet over medium heat until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
2. Season steak with oil, cumin along with salt & pepper and garlic – let stand for 15-20 minutes
3. On a hot grill or grill pan, grill skirt steak until medium rare (or desired doneness) about 2-4 minutes on each side – depending on thickness
4. Remove from grill and let stand 5 minutes
5. While Steak rests, sautee onion & peppers on a medium high heat with the 1 teaspoon of oil until slightly translucent but still crisp/firm, seasoin to tast with salt & pepper to taste
6. Slice steakon the bias against the grain very thinly
7. Assemble fajitas with steak, peppers and onion as desired, top with chopped cilantro and serve immediately
Asian Nooodle Bowl..a la Leatherwood:
4 ozs Soba or your favorite asian noodles (cook according to pkg instructions)- be sure to keep the cooking liquid- about 3 cups
1 Tablespoon Leatherwood
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 cloves fresh garlic- crushed or chopped (not the stuff in the jar)
1/2 teaspoon ground or 1 full teaspoon fresh ginger
1 teaspoon fresh cilantro - roughly chopped
sliced scallions (green onions) - however much you like
6 jumbo shrimp(tail on)- cooked (optional)
combine all ingredients and enjoy