Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Salad in a bottle...What Say You!!!

Posted by (Carlene :)) on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 374 Total Views

Someone just posted this on my fb page and its a craze, 87,000 shares. Well, whats the difference I Wonder between Salad in a bottle and salad in a bowl..Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Ok. More Research, I took this right off the page... Maybe they do have something here..

MY NEWEST LUNCH OBSESSION!!!!! Utterly brilliant, people. Not only does SALAD IN A JAR save space in your fridge, it also reduces food waste and gets non-salad eaters (me) to mow down daily. 
THE ARRANGEMENT
From BOTTOM to TOP:
Dressing
Shredded carrots
Cherry tomatoes
Sunflower seeds
Hard boiled eggs
Baby spinach
DIRECTIONS
1) Arrange ingredients in a large mason jar
2) Store in fridge for up to a week
3) When ready to eat: shake jar, place on a plate, and eat!

You can make any arrangement you want… you can add red onion, cucumbers, radishes or peppers. Always remember to put the dressing at the bottom and the lettuce at the top—a MUST.

****NOTE**** If your making a few salads at a time for the week, you MUST remember to vacuum seal the Mason Jars. (Mason jars can be bought at Wal-mart, and various grocery stores) They must be vacuum sealed to remain fresh and crisp :) Here are two different ways to vacuum seal a mason jar :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhb1gfVSB9Y
Non Foodsaver vacuum seal :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDfyRjfBbc
 — withDaphne Arrington.
abusednotbroken
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:35 PM

sounds like something I MIGHT do, but I'd be skeptical of its freshness...eeeeeeeee

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM

thats what I was thinking, but I know I read somewhere in there it can go for one week, hmmmmm..

Quoting abusednotbroken:

sounds like something I MIGHT do, but I'd be skeptical of its freshness...eeeeeeeee

SoJosMom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Says you need to vacuum seal them. How exactly do they reduce waste - article says they do. Hmm. I don't think I could eat it out of a jar. How would you mix the dressing and all together? Seems too tight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

It says shake it and put it on a plate, but I don't understand why you can't just put the salad stuff on the plate to begin with lol. I could see the reasoning if you can premake them for the week and put them in the fridge, but I don't know how to vacuum seal a jar soooo probably not something I'd bother with.

Quoting SoJosMom:

Says you need to vacuum seal them. How exactly do they reduce waste - article says they do. Hmm. I don't think I could eat it out of a jar. How would you mix the dressing and all together? Seems too tight.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!
REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

LilySlim Diet days tickers

SoJosMom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

It says shake it and put it on a plate, but I don't understand why you can't just put the salad stuff on the plate to begin with lol. I could see the reasoning if you can premake them for the week and put them in the fridge, but I don't know how to vacuum seal a jar soooo probably not something I'd bother with.

Quoting SoJosMom:

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:38 AM

We still got to throw it in a bowl, so what's the difference does it make, we are not eating from the bottle.. Looks pretty :) not practical to me..But I don't want to put on blast because I have not seen the video.

Quoting SoJosMom:

SoJosMom
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Yeah. I do not intend to blast. Just trying to figure it out.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

We still got to throw it in a bowl, so what's the difference does it make, we are not eating from the bottle.. Looks pretty :) not practical to me..But I don't want to put on blast because I have not seen the video.

Quoting SoJosMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)