Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't You Wish You Could Do Your Makeup

Posted by (Carlene :)) on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 164 Total Views

as well as Carrie Underwood.. I heard somewhere  I think  it might have been TMZ that she doesn't have a makeup artist.. She does her own make up.. Wish I was that good.. For making all that money, not having a make up artist, hmmmmmmmmm.. I guess if you do it as well as she does, its all good..

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abusednotbroken Group Admin
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM

You could too! She has pretty eyes. I bet yours would light up like hers too with the same makeup. I'll have to do mine and take a few pics. Oh, I'd like to get some primer though.... aloe vera gel works well as a primer too, but it depends on what type of foundation you put over it. 

Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Foundation plays a big role in "the look" but I don't want it to look to cakey, if you know what I mean.  I also don't want ppl to see my make up before seeing my face.. lol..and its very costly to keep trying foundations.  I have Mac and I put it on very lightly only on special occasions...other wise I wear translucent powder for my oily skin..

Quoting abusednotbroken:

You could too! She has pretty eyes. I bet yours would light up like hers too with the same makeup. I'll have to do mine and take a few pics. Oh, I'd like to get some primer though.... aloe vera gel works well as a primer too, but it depends on what type of foundation you put over it. 

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:33 PM

yeah, primer is good for that--keeps the foundation in place and gives more of a clean slate to apply less. I really consider it an art and appreciate the different techniques, colors, etc that people choose. My fav makeup artists on youtube are Wayne Goss and Kandee Johnson

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Foundation plays a big role in "the look" but I don't want it to look to cakey, if you know what I mean.  I also don't want ppl to see my make up before seeing my face.. lol..and its very costly to keep trying foundations.  I have Mac and I put it on very lightly only on special occasions...other wise I wear translucent powder for my oily skin..

Quoting abusednotbroken:

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I will definitely check out those you tube videos, I never new what the primer was for exactly, I thought it was to hide marks..

Quoting abusednotbroken:

yeah, primer is good for that--keeps the foundation in place and gives more of a clean slate to apply less. I really consider it an art and appreciate the different techniques, colors, etc that people choose. My fav makeup artists on youtube are Wayne Goss and Kandee Johnson

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting abusednotbroken:

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:48 PM

It creates a smooth surface and one that the foundation adheres to better so it covers better and looks better/fresher

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

I will definitely check out those you tube videos, I never new what the primer was for exactly, I thought it was to hide marks..

Quoting abusednotbroken:

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting abusednotbroken:

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM

cool..

Quoting abusednotbroken:

It creates a smooth surface and one that the foundation adheres to better so it covers better and looks better/fresher

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting abusednotbroken:

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting abusednotbroken:

MomRocs1102
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:08 PM

You can do yours like that, that's great she doesn't need a makeup artist that's a waste of money.

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:23 PM

You think its a waste of money, I don't think I can do the professional look although there are those who has the nak for it.. I have been trying forever to shape my eyebrows, its been a process haven't gotten it down yet, I guess I will keep on trying, lol.

Quoting MomRocs1102:

You can do yours like that, that's great she doesn't need a makeup artist that's a waste of money.

OwlNuggets
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I've been told about 100 times that I should do a make-up tutorial on youtube using only drug-store cosmetics to show regular women how to get the airbrushed look within their budget using only "cheap" cosmetics.
I SHOULD, DAMNIT. 

by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM

You really should, maybe its a talent you have.. You never know, this may be your calling..

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I've been told about 100 times that I should do a make-up tutorial on youtube using only drug-store cosmetics to show regular women how to get the airbrushed look within their budget using only "cheap" cosmetics.
I SHOULD, DAMNIT. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN