Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DIY - How To Make Fabric Softener Sheets..

Posted by (Carlene :)) on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 98 Total Views

Found this article. Haven't used it but it sounds like it makes sense:

ALTERNATIVE WAY FOR FABRIC SOFTENER SHEETS.. 

Pour one bottle of liquid fabric softener into a large container with lid.

Fill the empty softener container with water and add it to the container.

Repeat to give you a 2:1 mixture of water to fabric softener.

Drop sponges into the mixture.

Grab a sponge, wring out the excess liquid, and add it to the dryer with your wet clothes.

Seal your container between uses.

if You do try please stop by and let us know if it works.  I wish I had the supplies I would test out first.. 

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
abusednotbroken Group Admin
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I've tried this before and it didn't make a huge difference. But, here's the disclaimer lol, I hardly use dryer sheets and favor liquid to make my clothes smell extra good. I don't find that dryer sheets work very well, in regards to improving the laundry's fresh smell. So, it might be that these sponges work the same as dryer sheets.

Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I love dryer sheets, not only does it make my clothes smell good but the feel is awesome, love when the towels are fluffy, smell good and are soft at the touch.. Now I have not tried this technique but thought it might save me some money, I may still try to see if I get a different results.. :)

Quoting abusednotbroken:

I've tried this before and it didn't make a huge difference. But, here's the disclaimer lol, I hardly use dryer sheets and favor liquid to make my clothes smell extra good. I don't find that dryer sheets work very well, in regards to improving the laundry's fresh smell. So, it might be that these sponges work the same as dryer sheets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)