Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you like Barbecue?

Posted by (Carlene :)) on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 176 Total Views

omg.. I am in a mood for some barbecue chicken.. Yum, with some potato salad.. Hmmmmmm.. Hope I have some leg quarted marinating in the refrigerator, that would be fantastic.. 

What side do you like with your Barbecue and when was the last time you had some... SO HUNGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY..eating

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM

found this on my pinterest.. But I can't put my hand on it, something is missing.. Do you think something is missing in this recipe?

Here is the pic and I will put the recipe at the bottom of pic

Oven Baked Barbecue Chicken

OVEN-BAKED BARBECUE CHICKEN
Makes 4 wraps
Preparation: 5 mins – Cooking: 40-50 mins
INGREDIENTS
  • chicken legs, skinned if you prefer
  • 120ml (8 tbsp) tomato ketchup
  • 30ml (2 tbsp) brown sugar
  • 15ml (1 tbsp) mild mustard
  • 30ml (2 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
  • garlic clove, crushed
  • 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
  1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (fan 200°C/425°F/gas 7).
  2. Make 2-3 deep cuts in each piece of chicken using a sharp knife. This allows the sauce to penetrate and flavour the chicken well.
  3. In a large bowl, mix the ketchup, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and oil. Add the chicken and stir until well coated with the sauce.
  4. Bake in a preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
  5. Give the remaining pan sauces a stir and drizzle over the chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION

Baked potatoes, boiled new potatoes or chips/fries with a crispy green salad.

NOTES
  • You can bake the chicken for a longer time; say 180°C (fan 160°C/350°F/gas 4). Just check that it’s cooked!
  • The better quality ketchup you use, the greater the taste.
  • If you like lots of sauce to dip your chips in, double up on the ingredients.
  • After scrubbing the roasting tin for what felt like eternity I started using a silicone one and it works a treat.
  • If you own a barbecue, you can grill the chicken on it and baste it with the sauce above.

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I think I would add honey and chili.. I put chili in everything, lol..

phoenixdirected
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I like to EAT barbecue... i wanna learn

team_porculoon
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM

My husband is the BBQing one.  I do occasionally BBQ on my own for dinner.  All I do is take my chicken (usually boneless and skinless) and marinade it in Sweet Baby Ray's (best stuff EVER!!!).  I throw it in the pan a few hours later so it soaks in.  If it's missing something, I'll add it in the pan, but everyone loves it.

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

pinterest, tons and tons of recipes.. as I find them I will pin here, lol!

Quoting phoenixdirected:

I like to EAT barbecue... i wanna learn

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM

maybe your hubby and mine should have a cook out, lol.. My hubby loves to barbecue as well and guess what's his barbecue of choice.and he adds his own things to it!

Quoting team_porculoon:

My husband is the BBQing one.  I do occasionally BBQ on my own for dinner.  All I do is take my chicken (usually boneless and skinless) and marinade it in Sweet Baby Ray's (best stuff EVER!!!).  I throw it in the pan a few hours later so it soaks in.  If it's missing something, I'll add it in the pan, but everyone loves it.

team_porculoon
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Great minds think alike :D

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

maybe your hubby and mine should have a cook out, lol.. My hubby loves to barbecue as well and guess what's his barbecue of choice.and he adds his own things to it!

Quoting team_porculoon:

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:40 PM

iNDEED!!!!!LOL, I am blinded by that huge bottle, I probably could have found a smaller botter, too funny..

Quoting team_porculoon:

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting team_porculoon:

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM

ok, about to take chicken out and paste with barbecue sauce, it smells soo good in here!eating

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

iNDEED!!!!!LOL, I am blinded by that huge bottle, I probably could have found a smaller botter, too funny..

Quoting team_porculoon:

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting team_porculoon:

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM

My barbecue tonight was a hit! Meat tender and flavor Yummie.. Too bad we don't have smell-o-vision.. I still have no idea how to upload from my camera to cafe mom which spoils all the fun..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN