Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: Can you still ROCK a two piece Bathing Suit..

Options:

Yes, I can

Nope, I can't

Working on it

Nah, don't like it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 5

View Results

Ladies,

What say you.. or are you working your way so you can, or do you even like two pieces..

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Replies (11-16):
Sister_Someone
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I actually think I can... Swim, that is. I think I knew how to, once upon another life. I'm just too scared to try.  I almost drowned in the Inner Harbor when I was a child and that stuck with me.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

lol.. maybe I will graduate into running, right now walking works for me :) forget about swimming, can't to save my life :( so just have to lounge at the pool and play pretend..ha!

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Yep. I've always been a sports junkie. Volleyball, running, tennis, you name it. The only thing I have never and will never do is actual swimming though, so being able to rock a bikini is a whole new level of an exercise in futility, lol.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

i am so jealous, you lucky thing.. Do you work out?

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Absolutely. In fact, my post-baby body is so much better than it has ever been pre-baby.

ramita
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I don't fit right in a one piece...lol. My butt is a good size or two depending brand bigger than my chest. So I'm pretty thankful that they make tank top style two pieces. The endometriosis can be pretty rough. I just came off the Lupron shot, which puts you into chemical menopause, to clear it up so hopefully I'll be good for awhile.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

sorry to hear about theendometriosis, I heard also that it is severely painful.. but back to the bathing suit, at least you can still wear them, I have a few friends who just refuse to put on a two piece..not that they would look bad or anything..

Quoting ramita:

I can usually, but I have endometriosis that causes my stomach to swell so I can't always. However my butt is to big to fit right in one pieces so when its swollen I wear tank top styles.

Alwaysmotivated Carlene :)
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:12 AM

yes, something that traumatic will have some effect, hopefully one day you will take another try at it :)

Quoting Sister_Someone:

I actually think I can... Swim, that is. I think I knew how to, once upon another life. I'm just too scared to try.  I almost drowned in the Inner Harbor when I was a child and that stuck with me.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

lol.. maybe I will graduate into running, right now walking works for me :) forget about swimming, can't to save my life :( so just have to lounge at the pool and play pretend..ha!

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Yep. I've always been a sports junkie. Volleyball, running, tennis, you name it. The only thing I have never and will never do is actual swimming though, so being able to rock a bikini is a whole new level of an exercise in futility, lol.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Absolutely. In fact, my post-baby body is so much better than it has ever been pre-baby.

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I hope so, it will make life that much easier..I still get monthly pains sometimes, so I kinda understand.. They are making those tank tops styles bathing suits really cute and fashionable as well, so all good..

Quoting ramita:

I don't fit right in a one piece...lol. My butt is a good size or two depending brand bigger than my chest. So I'm pretty thankful that they make tank top style two pieces. The endometriosis can be pretty rough. I just came off the Lupron shot, which puts you into chemical menopause, to clear it up so hopefully I'll be good for awhile.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

sorry to hear about theendometriosis, I heard also that it is severely painful.. but back to the bathing suit, at least you can still wear them, I have a few friends who just refuse to put on a two piece..not that they would look bad or anything..

Quoting ramita:

I can usually, but I have endometriosis that causes my stomach to swell so I can't always. However my butt is to big to fit right in one pieces so when its swollen I wear tank top styles.

Sister_Someone
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM

My son, best friend and boyfriend actually talked me into spepping waist-deep into the ocean a couple weekends ago. I was trembling like a leaf and I may or may not have crushed two different adult male hands by holding on to them for dear life, but I did it!

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

yes, something that traumatic will have some effect, hopefully one day you will take another try at it :)

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting Sister_Someone:

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM

way to go but you did it, thats what counts.. Yeah...

Quoting Sister_Someone:

My son, best friend and boyfriend actually talked me into spepping waist-deep into the ocean a couple weekends ago. I was trembling like a leaf and I may or may not have crushed two different adult male hands by holding on to them for dear life, but I did it!

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN