Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anybody heard of

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 293 Total Views

A rash called erythema multiforme? My son has it right now. He actually had it a couple of weeks ago so I took him to the dr and was told to just give him benadryl. The rash went away in like 5 days but now it is back again. It doesn't hurt him he just has these spots all over his little body. I'm just confused by what may be causing it as I took to dr. google and it says there is no exact cause for the rash.

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mykidsmom5
by I can make you STFU on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Never heard of it? Does it look like Roseacea (sp)?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sanderson7569
by Awesometastic on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:11 PM

No. The spots start kind of looking like targets is how the dr described it. They kind of raise up a little bit then the middle starts turning white making it look exactly like a target. It isn't contagious or anything like that either.

mykidsmom5
by I can make you STFU on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Wow, off to Google in a bit. Never heard of that one. Hope he starts feeling better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sanderson7569
by Awesometastic on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM

thanks. i was trying to add a photo of it from last time but it wouldn't show up. according to the pediatrician it is very common these days.

Vampyra7
by OfficialThreadkiller on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I think that's one of those catch-all diagnosis that mean that he has a rash, but they don't know why.  I have gotten a couple of random rashes for no reason in the last few years, but as long as they go away with OTC stuff, the doctor figures it's just a sensitivity to something in my environment that we'll probably never track down.  I wouldn't worry too much unless it won't go away with treatment or becomes a regular thing.

sanderson7569
by Awesometastic on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

he said unless he gets spots on his mouth or eyes then just give him benadryl

PickledPixie
by I'm A Whiny GO on Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I have heard of it in relation to a medication I used to take.... but no direct experience with it. With the medicine it was the start of a VERY SERIOUS reaction and it was like an ER-type emergency. But you can get it for other, non-emergent reasons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)