Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this an acceptable answer to this homework question?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:48 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 308 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Question (from my bullshit elective Early Childhood Development class):

What are negative ways television influences children?

Because commercials for cheap plastic toys will make them want to support child labor in underdeveloped countries while simultaneously absorbing BPA and lead into their skin. They will become greedy little candy mongers that demand candy buffets at their birthday parties and become addicted to HFCS and Red 40 which will lead to lifelong obesity and migraines. They will expect not only a Carnival Christmas, but also an Easter basket that overflows onto the table and floor beneath it.

Additionally, they will demand (in the form of tanturms in Wal Mart while only wearing a diaper in 35 degree weather and drinking Mountain Dew from a bottle purchased with foodstamps) the parent buy them light up shoes and character clothing as seen on TV.

This will ultimately lead to them refusing to return their carts to the corral and life of woodshead, swinging (with vigor) threesomes with their in-laws while eating Subway, and their peens not smelling like Irish Spring.

They will never RSVP and never send a thank you note. They will always use Comic Sans and add cat hair to cakes.

This is why the AAP recommends children limit their television/screen time.

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AccidentalAdult
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd give you an A. ;)

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Hahahahaha!  YES

BTW since when does college give homework besides reading?  WTF ASSHOLES!! (Well diff major, but I thought it was just papers and tests, minimal work really, HS was just a scare tactic)

Bunny_Swan
by foofooclue on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM

The amount of homework I have is fucking ridiculous (I thought the same thing, that it would mostly be studying). Especially my science labs..ughhhhh.

Quoting GoRed:

Hahahahaha!  YES

BTW since when does college give homework besides reading?  WTF ASSHOLES!! (Well diff major, but I thought it was just papers and tests, minimal work really, HS was just a scare tactic)

Master_Debater
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Lmao, that's just what they want you to believe lol.

juicebox.
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg LOL I have some thank you notes to go write.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Was it you complaining about this before, or someone else?  There was seriously no work in my major (CJ, no wonder cops are fucking morons). 

Quoting Bunny_Swan:

The amount of homework I have is fucking ridiculous (I thought the same thing, that it would mostly be studying). Especially my science labs..ughhhhh.

Quoting GoRed:

Hahahahaha!  YES

12345abcde54321
by French Maid on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

twas fab.

i had tons of homework assignments in college. everything we did was a homework assignment or a test really.

Master_Debater
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

See, she's not a total asshole, although you did have to remind her.lol

Quoting juicebox.:

Bunny_Swan
by foofooclue on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It was probably Pauliewog, you know how she loves to bitch. ;)

Quoting GoRed:

Was it you complaining about this before, or someone else?  There was seriously no work in my major (CJ, no wonder cops are fucking morons). 

Quoting Bunny_Swan:

Quoting GoRed:

Hahahahaha!  YES

Bunny_Swan
by foofooclue on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Maybe that's why she doesn't aggravate me so much, because sometimes I need a reminder not to be an asshole too. lol

Quoting Master_Debater:

See, she's not a total asshole, although you did have to remind her.lol

Quoting juicebox.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)