• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wfd? and help me with mine..

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:22 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 267 Total Views

i'm making paninis and potato salad for dinner. i'm thin-slicing the leftovers from last night's roast and topping it with provolone. what sort of dressing should i put on the sandwiches? any favorite recipes?

a recipe for a low-fat (unsaturated fat is fine - it's our arteries i'd like to protect) potato salad that doesn't involve any low-fat mayo would be nice too..  :)

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Fistandantalus
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM

As for the potato salad, I use a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and herbs.

Sandwich dressing, hmmm...Sadly, my gut says Use FAT--sundried tomato/garlic aioli

12345abcde54321
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM

i just recently discovered the amazingness of everything aioli. i love that idea - a little saturated fat won't kill me, especially if i used that potato salad dressing idea. ty!

Quoting Fistandantalus:

As for the potato salad, I use a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and herbs.

Sandwich dressing, hmmm...Sadly, my gut says Use FAT--sundried tomato/garlic aioli

DizzyUpTheGirl
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Ooh, do a basil aioli. It goes great on everything.

As for us, I think I'm going to whip up some chicken fried rice using brown rice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Djinn83
by DYKEFIEND on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Honey mustard, yum.
MNDsM
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:32 AM

We're using left over roast beef to make burritos.

inthebox_11
by Snatch 22 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:03 AM

For potato salad, I love the Barefoot Contessa's recipe.  It's so easy and tastes fabulous:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/french-potato-salad-recipe/index.html

We're having a stir fry of chicken, asparagus and portobella mushrooms (garlic and basil will be the herbs added) served over rice and lentils. 

yourpinkone
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Garlic or Herb Aioli.  I like a roasted red pepper aioli.

MNDsM
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:46 AM

DH made this over the weekend...Red Braised Pork Belly. It's a traditional Northern Chinese dish, he made it from his grandmother's recipe, all from memory. It was tasty, even the oddly coloured egg.

SeamusNBaby
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Honey mustard...mmmm....

Although you could try the Kraft salad dressings...the low fat ones. They have a great selection of yumminess available.

Can I come over for supper though? Your post made me hungry!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)