• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MandarinO

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 405 Total Views
Whatever happened with that crazy in the swimming bathroom that confronted you about your DD?

Have you seen her around? Awkward? Hope your DD is still enjoying her experience there and showing everyone how awesome she is! =)

I thought that lady was so crazy when I read that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM

OMG what happened in te bathroom??  I don't remember that story!

AccidentalAdult
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM

WTF is this about? lol

MandarinOranges
by Still Suspect on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Yes, I have seen her since which is odd because I don't know that I ever really saw her before.  I saw her at Target last Thursday right before the swim team awards banquet. 

She pulled her DD from the swimming lesson that my DD is in.  She now swims a different night but still has to see my DD because she is there for swim team practice.  It probably wasn't a good night for that poor kid to swim because there are quite a few little girls on the swim team who have 'pool swagger' like my DD.

AccidentalAdult
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

"Pool swagger"?!?!?! LMAO

Come on, MO! Share the story for those of us who missed it! This sounds HEE-LAR-EE-OUS!

Quoting MandarinOranges:

Yes, I have seen her since which is odd because I don't know that I ever really saw her before.  I saw her at Target last Thursday right before the swim team awards banquet. 

She pulled her DD from the swimming lesson that my DD is in.  She now swims a different night but still has to see my DD because she is there for swim team practice.  It probably wasn't a good night for that poor kid to swim because there are quite a few little girls on the swim team who have 'pool swagger' like my DD.

MandarinOranges
by Still Suspect on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh, nothing major.  Several weeks ago - maybe a month or more - I was having a shitty life.  My friend lost her battle with cancer and I was in a bad way.  All 3 kids had swim lessons.  I was struggling to get YDS over to the gym and rush back because ODS was still in the pool (he has ASD so I am not comfortable leaving him in the pool for too long without me) and this woman comes up, grabs my arm and starts to talk at me (not really to me).  She was telling me that my DD was 'unkind' to her DD and that her DD wanted to quit swim lessons because of it and she wanted me to make my DD apologize and force them to be friends.  I stopped her and told her it wasn't a good time.  She was pissy but walked away. 

I am not one to tolerate bad behavior from my DD so I did some investigating - talked to a parent who had kids in the same lesson who in turn talked to her kids, I talked to the coach, etc...  Everybody said DD didn't do anything unkind and that it was likely a competitive thing. 

Later as DD was getting dressed, the mother confronted me again in the locker room.  I cut her off, told her I wasn't going to make the girls be friends and that basically that her DD was jealous.  I know it wasn't nice, but like I said, I wasn't in a good place and I just wanted her to shut up so I shut her up. 

Any way, I heard that her DD wants to be on the swim team this fall.  I am sure the mother will not be happy when she finds out I am now the dry land conditioning coach and the parent coordinator.

Doodlesrevenge
by New And Improved on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM

*waves*  :)

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Pool swagger?  OMG, is this the drama that we experience as mothers when our kids get older?  LOL

AccidentalAdult
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

LOL NICE!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I don't blame you for flipping shit on the bitch. It's not your fault her DD is a shitty swimmer and your DD is awesome. Jealous bitch.

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM

MO, I am sorry for your loss.

pauliewogmamma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha well that was one of my favorite stories. I think it was on AL?

That lady had it coming. =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)