Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some questions

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM
  • 27 Replies
  • 906 Total Views

I think I'm going to be hanging out here a bit more.  I have some questions.

1.  If there is an appropriate thread that answers most of these questions, please point me in the right direction, and feel free to ignore me.

2.  What are the little "secondary names" next to some members' names?  Example: Tan's says PsoriasisOG

3.  Is there spell check?

4.  Where are we?  I see we're under an umbrella called "exile island".  Within that, there seem to be 3 groups.  What are the purposes of these groups?

5.  Are we mainly BBCers here, or have we picked up a bunch of outer-outcasts?

6.  Is there a place to find reincarnated BBCers?  I'm assuming some people are using different names.

7.  Who is in charge of this place?

8.  What are the community rules?  Clearly cursing is allowed.  What about personal attacks?  How well are the sites monitored?  Are people cowards and report-happy?

9.  There is a post up somewhere that someone deleted a thread, and people told her to back away.  Did someone delete their own thread?  Can you do that?  Does it just disappear, or does it leave evidence? 

I will probably have more questions.  Stay tuned.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MandarinOranges
by Still Suspect on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Hi Pande!!!

Sorry, I have been here for a long time but not really been active so I am just as confused as you are.

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I'm going to be hanging out here a bit more.  I have some questions.

1.  If there is an appropriate thread that answers most of these questions, please point me in the right direction, and feel free to ignore me.   Ask away here, or wherever

2.  What are the little "secondary names" next to some members' names?  Example: Tan's says PsoriasisOG

They're just random names, we can change it to whatever you want, most of us have funny things.  It's just a feature on this site.

3.  Is there spell check? Oh yes there is!  It at the top of the box where you enter text. 

4.  Where are we?  I see we're under an umbrella called "exile island".  Within that, there seem to be 3 groups.  What are the purposes of these groups?  There are three areas, but only two are relevant, the welcome mat which is public, like BHB, and the drama lounge, which is private, only members can see that.  I stilll wouldn't post anything you wouldn't be comfortable posting on the BHB.

5.  Are we mainly BBCers here, or have we picked up a bunch of outer-outcasts?  There are a lot of BHBers but there are also people who were already on this site who like the group.

6.  Is there a place to find reincarnated BBCers?  I'm assuming some people are using different names. That would be in the BHB forum, the 3rd group you mentioned.  There's a sticky with names, but not everyone posts their name.

7.  Who is in charge of this place?  The group, or in general?  Cafermom mods, but the GOs are me (LOL), MND, Paulie, MotherGoose, Pickle, and DJinn 

8.  What are the community rules?  Clearly cursing is allowed.  What about personal attacks?  How well are the sites monitored?  Are people cowards and report-happy?  Pretty much everything is OK, except swearing in the title on the welcome mat forum (CM rules) and stuff you wouldn't say anyway, like racial stuff.  Common sense rules.  

9.  There is a post up somewhere that someone deleted a thread, and people told her to back away.  Did someone delete their own thread?  Can you do that?  Does it just disappear, or does it leave evidence? You can delete your own thread here, isn't that annoying??!

panemoniumhouse
by Horsey Long Legs on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM

lol -- Good, MO.  You and I can buddy-up.

panemoniumhouse
by Horsey Long Legs on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

9.  There is a post up somewhere that someone deleted a thread, and people told her to back away.  Did someone delete their own thread?  Can you do that?  Does it just disappear, or does it leave evidence? You can delete your own thread here, isn't that annoying??!

Yes, that is annoying.  So, and OP makes a post, a bunch of people respond, OP gets pissy and deletes the post, and takes all the comments with it?!?  That's nuts.  And annoying. 

-PartyCrasher-
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM
You must post pictures of your dog. If you have a dog. Per our OgGoTan. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Yeah, it is!  It has only happened twice (I think), and both times have been for really trivial reasons.  

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM

LOL, preferably in a vulgar position.  

Quoting -PartyCrasher-:

You must post pictures of your dog. If you have a dog. Per our OgGoTan. ;)

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Also, 123 wants more what's for dinner threads, and cleaning threads, hopefully you can help her with that.  

-PartyCrasher-
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I'll post her directions to my house so she can clean and cook!

Quoting GoRed:

Also, 123 wants more what's for dinner threads, and cleaning threads, hopefully you can help her with that.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AccidentalAdult
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Fuck dinner. Fuck it right in the eye.

And you can tell her I said that! :P

Quoting GoRed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)