Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you people listen to?

Music wise? Since I'm lazy, I'm just going to copy & paste a list of songs I texted to SO to download the other day. Enjoy the atrocity. Err...masterpiece. ;) (Song names first, then artist) Endlessly-Green River Oridinance, Kiss The Flag: The Widow-Parabelle, Through Glass-Stone Sour, Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol, Drops of Jupitar-Train, Meet Virgina-Train, 100 Years-Five For Fighting, Two Princes-Spin Doctors, Tonight Will Be The Night-Secondhand Serenade, Wonderwall-Oasis, Follow You Down-Gin Blossoms, She's so High-Tal Bachman, Big Machine-The Goo Goo Dolls, Hero-Skillet Lithium-Evanescence, Show Me What I'm Looking For-Carolina Liar, She's Love-Parachute, You're Going Down-Sick Puppies. Your turn, annnd go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM

country music 40 % of the time, the rest of it is strictly MJ

Shabbydoll78
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:17 AM

You rock too ! I love running into people that I can talk about music with ! I love music, and will nerd out on the topic any chance I get.

I hate it when people run off with a good book, and they are never to be seen again.Assholes. 

I love Henry Rollins poetry, and short stories. I have seen a few of his "spoken word " performances as well. Really, really, good shows. Thoroughly entertaining.

So, how do you feel about the Vandals ?  

Quoting pauliewogmamma:

You rock.
Looove the Descendents. I made a joke in here with a Descendents line the other day.

And Millencolin.

I'm a huge Rollins fan, too, on all levels. I loaned one of his books, Solipsist, to a crazy bitch who will never return it and I am seriously pissed about it.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

I am such a sucker for the Shins. I adore them. Modest mouse as well. Probably one of my favorite bands ever.

I am the one that posted the Dead Kennedy's "buzzbomb". 

AFI is great, and so are NOFX. I was just listening to " punk in drublic" earlier today. I'm also pretty fond of Minor threat, the descendants, old Black flag ( Rollins days ). 

I'm also a big Replacements fan ( earlier stuff like hootenanny).

Quoting pauliewogmamma:

Your list looks a lot like mine would. I love the shins and modest mouse and often mix it up with old school stuff like DK and the misfits. Are you the one that posted that DK video the other day?

I like old AFI, too. And NOFX.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

I'm just going to list bands

<-----Elvis Costello, The shins, Modest mouse, Nick Cave, The pixies, The misfits, the dead Kennedy's, The decemberist, Blur, The vandals, Beirut, Sonic Youth, The cramps, George Clinton, The Smiths, The white stripes, Lou Reed, David Bowie, the rolling stones, The Violent Femmes. I could go on and on... 

pauliewogmamma
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM
I listened to the Vandals for awhile. Around the same time I was listening to Anti-Flag, 7 Seconds (from my hometown!) and FYP.

For awhile I started getting into stuff like alkaline trio, At the drive in, no use for a name... Poppy stuff. Homegrown? They were like all surfy pop punk. Haha. Omg the memories. Fuzzy, fuzzy memories.

Then I got old and went to Ani Difranco, Bon Dylan and the Flaming Lips. =p

Best show ever was flaming lips and modest mouse in KC, MO.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

You rock too ! I love running into people that I can talk about music with ! I love music, and will nerd out on the topic any chance I get.

I hate it when people run off with a good book, and they are never to be seen again.Assholes. 

I love Henry Rollins poetry, and short stories. I have seen a few of his "spoken word " performances as well. Really, really, good shows. Thoroughly entertaining.

Quoting pauliewogmamma:

You rock.
Looove the Descendents. I made a joke in here with a Descendents line the other day.

And Millencolin.

I'm a huge Rollins fan, too, on all levels. I loaned one of his books, Solipsist, to a crazy bitch who will never return it and I am seriously pissed about it.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

I am such a sucker for the Shins. I adore them. Modest mouse as well. Probably one of my favorite bands ever.

AFI is great, and so are NOFX. I was just listening to " punk in drublic" earlier today. I'm also pretty fond of Minor threat, the descendants, old Black flag ( Rollins days ). 

Quoting pauliewogmamma:

Your list looks a lot like mine would. I love the shins and modest mouse and often mix it up with old school stuff like DK and the misfits. Are you the one that posted that DK video the other day?

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

<-----Elvis Costello, The shins, Modest mouse, Nick Cave, The pixies, The misfits, the dead Kennedy's, The decemberist, Blur, The vandals, Beirut, Sonic Youth, The cramps, George Clinton, The Smiths, The white stripes, Lou Reed, David Bowie, the rolling stones, The Violent Femmes. I could go on and on... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shabbydoll78
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I would love to see Bob Dylan live. Him and Leonard Cohen are on my wish list. Although, ol Leonard is getting way, way up there in age, and I don't think he tours a lot anymore, so I may never get that chance.

I have seen both the flaming lips, and Modest mouse , although on separate occasions. Flaming lips put on one hell of a show ! Wayne cohen can put on quite a spectacle. Modest mouse was kind of disappointing because Isaac Brock was so damn drunk he couldn't really function. 

My favorite show has got to be Elvis Costello. I have such a soft spot for Elvis Costello, he could have royally sucked it up and I still would have  been in awe. Nick Cave put on a great show too.

Quoting pauliewogmamma:

I listened to the Vandals for awhile. Around the same time I was listening to Anti-Flag, 7 Seconds (from my hometown!) and FYP.

For awhile I started getting into stuff like alkaline trio, At the drive in, no use for a name... Poppy stuff. Homegrown? They were like all surfy pop punk. Haha. Omg the memories. Fuzzy, fuzzy memories.

Then I got old and went to Ani Difranco, Bon Dylan and the Flaming Lips. =p

Best show ever was flaming lips and modest mouse in KC, MO.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Quoting pauliewogmamma:

You rock.

And Millencolin.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Quoting pauliewogmamma:

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

bluespagan
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:00 AM

Music depends on my mood.  As of right now I could go for death metal as I sit here and contemplate how that other dog my DH has that I loathe is going to die.

champagne_rose
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:52 AM

I listen to a variety. Lately it's been more country.

momofpreemieboy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:22 AM

I'm into the golden days of country but love George Strait and a few others also love Elvis and all his Gospel also love Golden Oldies those are the best years of Music. My DH loves heavy metal, Kiss Megadeath accept over kill motorhead loudness and iron maiden. He he also loves Elvis Johnny Cash Allen Jackson and Dwight Yokem And John Anderson and Buck Owens LOL

bluespagan
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:35 AM

OK I have put more thought into it.

According to how I feel

Sexy:  She Wants Revenge, "Tear you Apart", "Sister", "These Things"

Kinky:  Lords of Acid (any of their songs since they are all about sex and drugs)

Fast:  Linkin Park (really any of their earlier songs), Korn "Twist"; Prodigy "Smack by Bitch up"

Dark:  Korn "Hushabye", "Do what they say"; Queen of the Damned Soundtrack; Cradle of Filth "Nymphetamine"

Punk:  Go Betty Go "C'mon"; NoFX (anything by them but I love the song "My Vagina")

Rocking:  Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, AWOL Nation

Emo:  My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds to Mars

I can also listen to bluegrass, musicals and opera.  Really Like just about anything except country and rap.

Fistandantalus
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Rumor has it that I set fire to the rain and fell in love in a hopeless place under my umbrella because I don't know I'm beautiful and I like it like that.

None of this is by choice.  Peepers likes the top 40.

12345abcde54321
by French Maid on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:38 AM

right now i'm stuck on these few songs:

ok i'll stop now.. i could go on and on!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN