Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surprisingly

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:11 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 219 Total Views
1 mom liked this
My friend came over with a bottle of wine last night. Usually if I drink wine, even if it's a little (about 12 oz gets me goooood lol) I wake up with a wicked headache.

Amazingly, I went to bed at midnight, up at 6, and no headache. Usually I drink Barefoot, he brought over Alice White (yeah, we're cheap, but not Boone's Farm cheap lol). Maybe that's the difference. . .

Cheers to no headache. My friend and I are taking the kids on a hike today. Glad I will actually be able to enjoy it. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstkn.identity
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:12 AM
Have a great time :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:16 AM
I'm sure we will. Usually I have to carry DS because he's still learning to navigate uneven surfaces. My biceps love me for that. DDs favorite part is peeing in the woods. Lmao

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Have a great time :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12345abcde54321
by French Maid on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:42 AM

i love hiking! enjoy!  :)

epoh
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
CT is full of woods and lakes and all sorts of nature fun stuff. :) We try to go at least once a week with hummus and tortillas and fruit for noms while we're there. ;)

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Quoting epoh:

CT is full of woods and lakes and all sorts of nature fun stuff. :) We try to go at least once a week with hummus and tortillas and fruit for noms while we're there. ;)

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Don;t forget it's tick season now. Tuck those pant legs in and rubber band them.

epoh
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Yes ma'am! I'm looking for something natural to help keep them away too. My friend said mint shampoo seems to keep them off her pets so I usually spray us with a concoction of essential oils and water.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Don;t forget it's tick season now. Tuck those pant legs in and rubber band them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Quoting epoh:

Yes ma'am! I'm looking for something natural to help keep them away too. My friend said mint shampoo seems to keep them off her pets so I usually spray us with a concoction of essential oils and water.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

I rely on white or light colored pants and a very very through tick check at home after the walk. You have 24 hours to get them off before a bite can cause Lyme disease.

I tried a few all natural things on my dog.  She got lyme disease-and I pulled 22 dog ticks off her one day (yuck) so now she gets treated with K9 advantix.  I don't want her crippled by Lymes again.

Not sure how close you and your friend are...but I had to be treated for lymes-it was in the fold of my leg right next to my vavajay-and it was very very tiny.  That might be an area to check out-if it is appropriate for your level of friendship ( there Is a song-I'd like to check you for ticks )

12345abcde54321
by French Maid on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:57 AM

oh don't i know it! i guess we live pretty near each other then  :)
i don't go as often as i would like but now that my youngest is a little older we might do more this summer. 

Quoting epoh:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

epoh
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Lol I'll have to check out that song and get myself a good hand held mirror. I've known a few people that have gotten Lyme, primarily kids. My DD has beautiful thick dark hair so I get nervous that I wouldn't be able to find any on her scalp.

We mostly stick to the trails but I know that doesn't mean much. :/

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

I rely on white or light colored pants and a very very through tick check at home after the walk. You have 24 hours to get them off before a bite can cause Lyme disease.

I tried a few all natural things on my dog.  She got lyme disease-and I pulled 22 dog ticks off her one day (yuck) so now she gets treated with K9 advantix.  I don't want her crippled by Lymes again.

Not sure how close you and your friend are...but I had to be treated for lymes-it was in the fold of my leg right next to my vavajay-and it was very very tiny.  That might be an area to check out-if it is appropriate for your level of friendship ( there Is a song-I'd like to check you for ticks )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM
I wish I could take the kids to the beach but without a good set of toddler eat plugs DS wouldn't be able to go in the water (tubes).

Where are you at?
Quoting 12345abcde54321:

oh don't i know it! i guess we live pretty near each other then  :)
i don't go as often as i would like but now that my youngest is a little older we might do more this summer. 

Quoting epoh:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)