Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy freaking hell!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 341 Total Views

Ok please someone tell me I am a good mom now.

I have cut out 150 blue and white circles which will be "bubbles'

I have traced, cut and colored the bill of 30 ducks

cut and folded 30 strips of blue paper

cut and inserted 30 party invitation forms

All because I wanted my daughter to have handmade invitations to her 1st birthday party.

I mean c'mon this has got to give me some awesome mom points somewhere, right?

Blah onto attaching the wiggle eyes and then assembling the cards.

And need some opinions before I glue the forms into the card.

Which one sounds better?

"Zoey is turning one so "splash" on over for a little fun!"

or

"Zoey is turning one so "waddle" on over for a little fun!"

Just don't want people thinking I am underhandedly making a fat joke.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourpinkone
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:53 AM

ummm, I wouldn't have thought it was an underhanded fat joke.  I like "waddle."

bluespagan
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM

meh, DH was being a bit of a jerk yesterday.  He read it and then said, "Waddle on over for a little fun?  What are you calling me fat?"  So yeah he made me think that.

juicebox.
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM

OMG I have so done that!!  And never again.  I went way overboard for my sons first birthday party, custom decorations, I didn't trust anyone else would do it as good as I had in mind, so I actually did do it all myself.  It cost waay more than it should have, I spent sooo much time and energy on it, and in the end learned its better to let someone else do it for you so you can sit back and enjoy it lol.  But sounds cute, I like the first one.

bluespagan
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM

The party theme is rubber duckies.  The party itself is going to be simple.  The invitations are the only thing I am going all out for.

I have clear and blue balloons that I will inflate and tape/pin around to make it look like bubbles.  I bought a dozen helium filled ones (blue, clear, orange and yellow), one duck balloon and a Happy 1st Birthday balloon.  I am going to order the cake on Monday, I hope the bakery I am ordering it from can do a duck shaped cake and do a mini cake just for Z-baby. 

AS for decorations, I am going to make the place mats out of bubble wrap, simple table cloth and the centerpiece will be a glass bowl with white and blue (if I can find them) cotton balls with a rubber duck "swimming" in it.  I am also going to buy her a plastic pool, fill it with water and I bought about 20 rubber ducks to put into it.  And then I am thinking a mini tent full of the other balloons and some rubber ducks for the kids to play in.

juicebox.
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

The plcemats sound soo cool!! I would never have even thought about that.  We did an ocean theme too, it was so much fun, but not as easy to find things as someone would think..

bluespagan
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM

You know I am having the same problem.  everything with rubber duckies is for baby showers.  NOTHING for 1st birthdays!  That is why I am doing most of the stuff by hand.

TraceyMR
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM

o.0
I have got to be the odd mom here. I did not do a party for DD's first birthday. I don't do parties for birthdays. We go about it in a totally different way.

Good work, and I hope the invitations turn out well, thery sound adorable.  Waddle is cute, splash makes me think there would be either swimming or water play of some sort.

bluespagan
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Yeah I am thinking of going with waddle.

So far I have 28 cards put together.  Just have to draw the glitter wing on them.  2 more to go but I am leaving from work to go home in about 30 so it will have to wait. 

bluespagan
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Oh and I am taking after my mom with this.  She always made sure that we had a birthday party.  And she always let us pick the theme colors.  She would go all the way with balloons, streamers and it always matched the cake.  She was much better at the mom stuff than me, each of us kids had a baby book, albums, personalized everything.  It may not have been hand made but she went out of her way to do what she could.

juicebox.
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Lol, no you're not.  His first birthday was small and private.  I still decorated and got the cake and all that, but only a few close family and friends were invited.  His first birthday PARTY I went all out, he turned 2 that year.

Quoting TraceyMR:

o.0
I have got to be the odd mom here. I did not do a party for DD's first birthday. I don't do parties for birthdays. We go about it in a totally different way.

Good work, and I hope the invitations turn out well, thery sound adorable.  Waddle is cute, splash makes me think there would be either swimming or water play of some sort.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)