Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did You Forget About Your NB's?

Posted by   + Show Post

When DS was born, I'd sometimes forget I had a baby when he was sleeping until he cried.   A funny time was when I was going through TSA with DS and my Dad when DS was a couple of months old.  My Dad tossed his carry on into the stroller on top of LO.  He forgot there was a baby in there, he momentarily thought it was a cart.  DS didn't even wake up.  LOL.  Share your funny NB stories if you have them.  (I'm watching the Blind Side and crying, so I need a laugh).

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Replies (11-14):
yourpinkone
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM
I'm DYING! So stinking funny. I had the same experience. Except, Praise Odin, number 2 managed to survive my ppd and through the miracle of genetics she's quite the little Einstein. I promise it's not attributable to my parenting. I accept no praise for either of my kids, bc I'm the parent who made my 1.5 year old sit through the entire 2008 election season with a pacifier in his mouth while I drowned him in my commentary on all things Obama/McCain.

Quoting AshleyAlready:

I remember thinking "Well, when they come get him, I'll vacuum," and then I'd realize no one was coming to get him.

And don't laugh! That's the kid that ended up being a genius and I think early Steinbeck exposure did it. The 2nd kid, who was only exposed to me laying on the couch and crying while the oldest watched Wonder Pets, is not a genius.

Quoting yourpinkone:

You. Crack. Me. Up.

I never forgot him, but I told my husband for about the first 3 weeks I felt like I was babysitting somebody else's kid. It was a bizarre feeling.

Quoting AshleyAlready:

No, I always felt like I had a very awkward guest who didn't talk much but probably expected something from me. I read him East of Eden by Steinbeck when I brought him home from the hospital because I felt like there should be some communication but I didn't know what to say.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coug7099
by Less Shitty on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM

DH and I had chosen the name Sarah for our baby girl. She was born and I fell asleep. The nurses asked DH what the baby's name was. He told them Jennifer. When I woke up I saw that they had written Baby Jennifer on all of her paperwork. It was on her little ankle bracelet, on the tag in her little crib. It was everywhere. I didn't want to be a whine-ass so I let her name be Jennifer.

We went home. DH went back to work. I woke up, took one look at the baby and could not for the life of me remember this child's name. I cried all day. Worrying about how I would admit to people that I had forgotten my own baby's name. DH walked in the door from work, went straight to the baby. Lifted her up, kissed her and said "How is my little Jenna-Bug today?" Her name has been Jenn-Bug every since!

coug7099
by Less Shitty on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:51 PM

OMG Me too!

I put my first Grandson into his infant seat, carried the seat to the car, set it on the base, made sure it clipped in. Got into the car and began to drive. My little 5 year old niece was in the back seat sitting next to the baby. She said "Auntie, you forgot to buckle the baby in." I said "No Sweetie. That's a new kind of seat. You just set it on the base and it stays there." She gave me "the look" in the mirror, put her little hand on his chest and sat quietly for the drive." When we arrived I got out and reached in for the baby. She said "Auntie, I think you are supposed to buckle his arms in." I had buckled the seat in alright. I just forgot to buckle the baby TO THE seat!! That poor little girl had made the entire ride with her hand on his chest trying to hold him into his seat.

Quoting activitymode:

I forgot to buckle my dd in her carseat once. I was freaking horrified :/

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:55 PM

No..I never forgot them..BUT..My oldest was less than a week old, and I was exhausted and fell asleep while she was napping..woke up and she was gone!! I was freaking the fuck out..about to call the police..crying...Then my dad walks in with her..He had come over, saw me asleep, took Lex around the neighborhood..I could have killed that old man...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN