Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did You Forget About Your NB's?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 356 Total Views

When DS was born, I'd sometimes forget I had a baby when he was sleeping until he cried.   A funny time was when I was going through TSA with DS and my Dad when DS was a couple of months old.  My Dad tossed his carry on into the stroller on top of LO.  He forgot there was a baby in there, he momentarily thought it was a cart.  DS didn't even wake up.  LOL.  Share your funny NB stories if you have them.  (I'm watching the Blind Side and crying, so I need a laugh).

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Master_Debater
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I never did but I did think I forgot my daughter once the first time I let someone else get her in the car. I started bawling thinking I forgot her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
activitymode
by Still Suspect on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I forgot to buckle my dd in her carseat once. I was freaking horrified :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:50 PM
A few weeks after I returned to work after maternity leave with DS, I was picking DD up from daycare. After she grabbed her things I said, "Ok, let's go get your brother!" She started laughing and pointed at me because I was holding him already. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarksMama
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I've forgotten to strap in DD's carseat once...I just about died. She pushed the seatbelt button once and I had no idea til I took a turn, and she started laughing hysterically....I check the mirror, and she's in the carseat, and the whole thing is laying SIDEWAYS!! I almost got run over trying to pull over. LOL

When DD was about a month old, I was trying to get her into the carseat, and the handle was up. I ended up bashing the back of her poor little head on the handle...she never even cried, just got this almost cross eyed look on her face for a minute. I thought I knocked her retarded for a minute. LOL

Bunny_Swan
by foofooclue on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM

My newborns never let me forget I had them haha. :-/

But a few times I've had the "OMFG did I drop them off at daycare or are they still in the back seat?!" feeling on the way to work.

And once I got so wrapped up in work I forgot to leave and pick up ODS from preschool and they had to call me. I felt like shit and was bawling, but he was fine playing with the after care kids.

mstkn.identity
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM
I never forgot about him, but the first night home from the hospital he would not quit crying. I hadnt slept much in 5 days. Exdh wasnt being any help just his typical ass self.

I ran to my moms room and practically threw Kid at my mom and said "take him or im getting divorced." O_o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

no but i was too paranoid to leave the room for more than 5 minutes

AshleyAlready
by Weiner Gobbler on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I always felt like I had a very awkward guest who didn't talk much but probably expected something from me. I read him East of Eden by Steinbeck when I brought him home from the hospital because I felt like there should be some communication but I didn't know what to say.

yourpinkone
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM
You. Crack. Me. Up.

I never forgot him, but I told my husband for about the first 3 weeks I felt like I was babysitting somebody else's kid. It was a bizarre feeling.

Quoting AshleyAlready:

No, I always felt like I had a very awkward guest who didn't talk much but probably expected something from me. I read him East of Eden by Steinbeck when I brought him home from the hospital because I felt like there should be some communication but I didn't know what to say.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshleyAlready
by Weiner Gobbler on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I remember thinking "Well, when they come get him, I'll vacuum," and then I'd realize no one was coming to get him.

And don't laugh! That's the kid that ended up being a genius and I think early Steinbeck exposure did it. The 2nd kid, who was only exposed to me laying on the couch and crying while the oldest watched Wonder Pets, is not a genius.

Quoting yourpinkone:

You. Crack. Me. Up.

I never forgot him, but I told my husband for about the first 3 weeks I felt like I was babysitting somebody else's kid. It was a bizarre feeling.

Quoting AshleyAlready:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)