Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the point of hair conditioner?

Posted by   + Show Post

Yeah, that's a serious question.  I stopped using it and I don't see a difference in my hair.  Am I damaging it?  (Just wondering before my shower in the AM).

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
MNDsM
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:29 AM
I look like a rasta wannabe tree planter without conditioner. I have to use decent product though...Shu Uemura or AG.
Racer15
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:33 AM
My hair gets massive knots very easily if I don't condition it. It's long, thick, and wavy though, touches the small of my back.
acaisha
by Still Suspect on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I use biolage or paul mitchell teatree... if I don't my hair is so dry it feels nasty... then I use this hair oil stuff my best friend gave me from her salon.. can't remember what its called but it comes in a purple bottle.. think by the same people who make sexy hair

Fatal_Frost
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:52 AM

If I dont use conditioner, one of two things would happen...  either my hair would be so dry and knotted, a brush would not get out of it alive, or once it did finally get brushed and dried, I would look like someone who stuck a finger in a light socket, and would be able to zap people with the static coming from my hair...   My hair is super fine, but there's a ton of it, and it's very dry, so using conditioner is the only thing that makes it halfway managable

bluespagan
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:48 AM

My hair gets way tangled when I don't use conditioner.  So I can use conditioner and comb my hair reasonably easy or I can not and sit there for 30 min. trying to detangle it.

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

If I dont use conditioner, one of two things would happen...  either my hair would be so dry and knotted, a brush would not get out of it alive, or once it did finally get brushed and dried, I would look like someone who stuck a finger in a light socket, and would be able to zap people with the static coming from my hair...   My hair is super fine, but there's a ton of it, and it's very dry, so using conditioner is the only thing that makes it halfway managable

That's exactly how mine is..and it's curly/wavy

I personally use organix..I love the stuff

bluespagan
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Rileys, I use the Cherry Blossom Organix.  I love the stuff too.  So many of the other shampoos and conditioners stripped my hair too much or would not clean it well leaving it oily the next morning.  Organix is the only one that I can wash my hair and not feel dirty by the end of the day.

Fistandantalus
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I use that fancy-pants WEN shit.  I love it.  It's expensive though, so I buy it in gallons and split it up between my two sisters and I. 

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bluespagan:

Rileys, I use the Cherry Blossom Organix.  I love the stuff too.  So many of the other shampoos and conditioners stripped my hair too much or would not clean it well leaving it oily the next morning.  Organix is the only one that I can wash my hair and not feel dirty by the end of the day.

I like the cherry blossom. I love the coconut the best, and I use the strengthening serum as well. The brazilian stuff smells awesome. It's really the only stuff I have ever tried that I would actually recommend..and I feel like I have tried it all. It feels clean..does the job, and no residue crap.

AshleyAlready
by Weiner Gobbler on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Are you serious right now?? You can't not use conditioner!! You can skip shampoo almost entirely but you need conditioner!!

I would not be able to brush my hair without it, and it wouldn't be soft and shiny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN