Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lazy Mom Meals!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:05 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 432 Total Views
Ok, I guess its not that lazy if I'm cooking right? Anyone have any easy, delicious, recipes they would like to share? I usually look on pinterest for recipes, but haven't been on there in a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SeektheStars
by Dirty Sanchez on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM
I need answers to this too!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadaisy
by Still Suspect on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:48 PM
I made this last week. It was easy and really tasty.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Mexican-Casserole/Detail.aspx?ms=1&prop25=81896248&prop26=RecipeNotes&prop27=2012-04-17&prop28=FeaturedRecipe&prop29=Title&me=1

I'm mobile, sorry its not clickable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:06 PM

i'd like to know too

coug7099
by Less Shitty on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:09 PM

If it don't come out of a can, a box, a delivery vehicle or a freezer we don't eat it.

itskaciek
by ISSexyandSheKnowsIt on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I make pasta salad with fresh mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, and pesto. I use whole wheat pasta and sprinkle a little balsamic vinegar on it. Easy and yummy. 

I buy a box of shrimp scampi, and boil pasta with frozen peas. Pour scampi on pasta/peas, sprinkle with parmesan and some red pepper flakes.

Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/turkey-taco-lettuce-wraps-3-pts.html

I will do big, full, salads. You can saute chicken, steak, fish, whatever-or even just use chopped up ham or turkey from the deli. Top a bagged salad with that and whatever else you like. I like steak with cheese and french fried onions. Not healthy, but sooo good.

Brinner is easy. And sandwiches. Oh, and rotisserie chicken and frozen veg!

I also do a few crock pot recipes-Pepperoncini Beef, Chicken Tacos, Beef Stew, Chicken and Dumplings. I feel like these are ones "everyone" does, but if you need a recipe let me know.

If I think of anything else I will post it...

DarksMama
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:18 PM

www.campbellskitchen.com

found some decent yummies here, but they need doctoring as far as spices and such. I like the one that is chicken, rice, creamed soup and bake. I added some frozen peas/corn to it...good stuff.

BEXi
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Im in a CM group called 2 & 3 Recipe Ideas.. It's awesome!

coug7099
by Less Shitty on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Campbell's soup recipes. These days one of my fave foods is

any cheap cut of steak or chicken

1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup

1 can of water

1 package Lipton onion soup 

mix in crock pot

serve over rice or mashed potatoes

with tossed salad or a veggie

I will sometimes add peeled carrots and/or quartered, peeled potatoes to the crock pot 

Quoting DarksMama:

www.campbellskitchen.com

found some decent yummies here, but they need doctoring as far as spices and such. I like the one that is chicken, rice, creamed soup and bake. I added some frozen peas/corn to it...good stuff.

12345abcde54321
by French Maid on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

i make an easy beef stew out of a roast cut into 1/4" cubes (brown it in a pan w oil s&p), potatoes the same size, carrots and a can of peas. i don't peel the carrots or potatoes, just scrub them well, so that makes it faster. for broth, i buy the mccormick beef stew seasoning packet, just add water. i simmer the browned beef in the broth on very low for 2 hrs, then turn it up to a low boil and add the potatoes and carrots. when they're just tender, pour in a drained can of peas and voila.

for an easy chicken pot pie i buy the premade, rolled crust and fill it with 1 cooked chicken breast (i poach it on the stove in chicken broth) in 1/4" cubes, raw cubed potatoes of the same size, sliced carrots, frozen peas and frozen corn. i mix the filling ingredients together with a jar of chicken gravy in a bowl before dumping it into the bottom crust and covering it with a top crust. i keep it covered while baking at 400 for 45min and then uncover for the last 15min and turn the temp down to 350.

inthebox_11
by Snatch 22 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Stir fry is my easy meal and we eat it more often than DH would like.  I can have an entire meal ready in  20 minutes.  I try to change it up by adding different meats.  (chicken, shrimp, beef)  Sometimes I use soy sauce, sometimes sriacha and sometimes teryaki.  Near east boxed rice pilaf is easy to prepare and pairs nicely with most of my stir frys.  I have exactly one hour from the time I get LO home to get him fed and bathed so stir fry affords me the opportunity for some play time as well.

Other than that, anything I can cook on the grill makes for a fast meal so we do that often as well. (steak, bbq chicken, shrimp, burgers)

An easy pasta I throw together includes basil and garlic (I buy the frozen cubes of herbs from Costco), chicken, spinach, portobella mushrooms and grape tomatoes.   I usually use ricotta filled tortellini, toss it all in basil EVOO and top with a sprinkle of parmesan.  DH and the baby both love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)