Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hurt my foot...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 473 Total Views

...and I have WAY TOO much to do this week.  Q's 1st birthday party is Saturday.  I have to clean the entire house, plant my outdoor pots, buy decorations and put them up, prepare the food, the list goes on and on.  I also have to work all week.  I am having a hard time walking and let me tell you how nice my flip flops look with a suit...

Forgive the unpainted toe nails.  I really didn't have the energy for a pedicure.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MNDsM
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Fuuuck that looks painful...what did you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inthebox_11
by Snatch 22 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I kicked the edge of my kitchen island.  I was kicking a yoga ball around, entertaining the baby and my foot just caught the edge of the cabinet.  I fell to the floor, the baby laughed hysterically and my DH proceeded to tell me all about how nothing can be done for a broken toe and then started demonstrating how his previously broken toe won't bend anymore.  All of this while I was crying in pain.  DH and the baby were both very helpful...

MNDsM
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM
3 moms liked this
He's lucky you hurt your foot or it would have been up his ass!

Quoting inthebox_11:

I kicked the edge of my kitchen island.  I was kicking a yoga ball around, entertaining the baby and my foot just caught the edge of the cabinet.  I fell to the floor, the baby laughed hysterically and my DH proceeded to tell me all about how nothing can be done for a broken toe and then started demonstrating how his previously broken toe won't bend anymore.  All of this while I was crying in pain.  DH and the baby were both very helpful...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iron_Beauty
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Wow.... if I did something like that DH's first instinct would be to make sure I was ok, not stand there and jabber away while I cried.

That was a majorly dick move.

Djinn83
by I'm baaaack on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Oooooooch. Hire a maid to clean your house.

And my husband would jabber too, after asking what happened. If my head hurts, he has an aneurysm. After giving birth to my 3 rd and dislocating my tail bone in the process, I told him my back hurts. He went on about how he torqued his back putting our then 19 month old in her crib. Like, really? I gave him a stare from my hospital bed.
pinkdaisy8864
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM

That picture gave me shivers.

inthebox_11
by Snatch 22 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Quoting Iron_Beauty:

Wow.... if I did something like that DH's first instinct would be to make sure I was ok, not stand there and jabber away while I cried.

That was a majorly dick move.

Guess your DH is leaps and bounds above my chauvanist pig who cares only for himself.  *heavy sarcasm*.  I should probably leave him.  The kids would definitely be better off.

inthebox_11
by Snatch 22 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Quoting Djinn83:

Oooooooch. Hire a maid to clean your house.

And my husband would jabber too, after asking what happened. If my head hurts, he has an aneurysm. After giving birth to my 3 rd and dislocating my tail bone in the process, I told him my back hurts. He went on about how he torqued his back putting our then 19 month old in her crib. Like, really? I gave him a stare from my hospital bed.

Love the maid idea!  I talked to my mom this morning and she volunteered to help out.  Also, DH works from home and said he would take care of the vaccuuming, laundry, yard and pick up.  It turns out I will be covered on the housework front.  I took some Advil an hour or so ago and really, it doesn't feel too bad now.

Men are funny!

juicebox.
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:28 AM

omg that does look painful!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)