Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i like food threads

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:14 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 219 Total Views

talk to me about food!

what have you eaten so far today? what are you craving? what are you planning to make for dinner, today and this week (if you've thought that far ahead)?

what weird food or weird food combo do you love? what food do you hate?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12345abcde54321
by French Maid on May. 1, 2012 at 10:17 AM

so far today i've had oatmeal, greek yogurt and a garden salad loaded with italian dressing. i'll be eating leftover american chop suey and stuffed chicken breasts with another salad and some rice later.

i don't love bacon and i don't really like any weird food combos unless you consider chive cottage cheese on rye toast to be weird..

MNDsM
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Nothing to eat yet...today we're planning on sushi for lunch.
kjfamily
by Still Suspect on May. 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I had evil Micky d's breakfast sandwich and a hash brown . Probably won't eat lunch but I'll have a healthy salad for dinner.

I try to eat healthy but sometimes I fall off the wagon:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fistandantalus
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

talk to me about food!  Hells YEAH!

what have you eaten so far today? Nothing but a gallon of coffee and 800mg of Ibuprofen.  I am ever so naughty.

what are you craving? I want a bucket of queso with a laundry basket of french fries.  Shark Week ho!

what are you planning to make for dinner, today and this week (if you've thought that far ahead)? It's probably Meatloaf this evening, other planned meals include Kung Pao Chicken, from-scratch Sloppy Joes, potato soup and biscuits, roasted pork loin with rice pilaf and something else with chicken, haven't decided yet.

what weird food or weird food combo do you love? I have a thing for peanut butter and sharp cheddar sandwiches and no, I'm not pregnant.  I also adore anchovies and never get to have them because nobody else in this joint likes them.

what food do you hate?  I am not a fan of "spare parts" foods like kidneys and liver and sweetbreads and brains and testicles and shit like that, but really, who is?  When I was 9, I dissected some beef kidneys as a science assignment and my mother actually cooked them for us to eat for dinner that night and I just about freaked out.  My sister, age 6, looked at her plate and said in stentorian tones "I SHALL NOT!" and shoved the plate across the table and onto the floor.  While my parents were busy cleaning that up and castigating her into oblivion, the dog got a treat from MY plate.

servingsarcasm
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I can tell you what I made for my final yester day?

Chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce

Forbidden rice seasoned with caraway and ginger

Pickled cucumber and red onion

Thai sweet tea

I am eating the left overs for breakfast.

-PartyCrasher-
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Nothing of any substance ate yet today. We had fries from DQ the other day and I dipped some in spicy hot mayo lol. I'm not sure what I'm going to make/eat yet later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PartyCrasher-
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM
What's the difference between regular sweet tea and thai sweet tea?

Quoting servingsarcasm:

I can tell you what I made for my final yester day?

Chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce

Forbidden rice seasoned with caraway and ginger

Pickled cucumber and red onion

Thai sweet tea

I am eating the left overs for breakfast.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
servingsarcasm
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Thai sweet tea is made from a thai blend of leaves, it turns bright clear orange. When you sweeten it you add a little sugar and a dollap of condensed milk. Its really good, if you go to thai restuarants and see it on the menu I recommend it! Or if you see it at an Asian market, get it it tea bags and steep for 5 minutes cool and drink!

livyla
by MotherExtraordinaire on May. 1, 2012 at 12:57 PM

so what's for dinner?   suggestions?  i hate to cook...

servingsarcasm
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I had an omelet with spinach, bacon, mushrooms an sharp chedder last night oh and crispy hash browns. I was so sick of chicken yesterday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)