Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do people argue...

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • 30 Replies
  • 512 Total Views

with research and statistics that prove them wrong?  I don't think a bunch of scientists and knowledgable people got together one day and said, "You know what I think we will make up some of this stuff to make us look right".  This gets so annoying especially when I post good sources (like the CDC and peer reviewed studies) and then someone argues with me because they have anecdotal evidence that says otherwise. 

So fucking annoying.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShaiC
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Duh because I'm right and you're wrong. Didn't you get the memo lmao.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluespagan
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Oh I forgot Shai, but it seems that I am ALWAYS wrong lol.  I think it is because I debate instead of argue so I am pretty blunt when it comes to hot topic issues.

Quoting ShaiC:

Duh because I'm right and you're wrong. Didn't you get the memo lmao.

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on May. 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Sometimes research can be wrong, and emerging research may be relevent.  Like with the sunscreen industry, there is emerging research that proves that sunscreen isn't nearly as beneficial as many of us have been led to believe.  There may be older studies that tout the benefits of sunscreen, but emerging research provides different results.

yourpinkone
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this

this is why I don't debate.  Most people are fucking idiots.  And if you're not an idiot, you already agree with me anyway.

pinkdaisy8864
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm with Pinky on this one. I don't tend to debate because I get pissed at people's stupidity and it never seems to do me any good.

bluespagan
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Yourpinkone, I liked you for the comment, does that mean I am an idiot?

AccidentalAdult
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Which topic are we talking about, blues? It sounds like vax/non-vax since you brought up the CDC.

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on May. 5, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I despise anecdotal evidence..it annoys me

I swear I saw a dinosaur yesterday btw..so they are real and living right now..you cannot convince me that my stupidity isn't valid..eat it

bluespagan
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Oh no it is multiple different discussions and on a few different forums.  Namely the hot topic ones like vax, circ, abortion, and such.

Quoting AccidentalAdult:

Which topic are we talking about, blues? It sounds like vax/non-vax since you brought up the CDC.

AccidentalAdult
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Ah, makes sense. I stay out of circ debates, since I don't have a penis or a son. lol

Quoting bluespagan:

Oh no it is multiple different discussions and on a few different forums.  Namely the hot topic ones like vax, circ, abortion, and such.

Quoting AccidentalAdult:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN