Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Plan Meals?

Posted by   + Show Post

If so, how far in advance do you plan them?  I end up at the grocery store almost every day, and I buy on  a whim, I spend SO MUCH on groceries that it's ridiculous.  I'd say I easily spend at least $200 a week on groceries and it's just me and DS (and DS is with his Dad for a couple of days a week), and two dogs.  Plus I eat out for lunch EVERY day.  My food budget is out of control, I bet I spend at least $300 a week on food, probably more.  I live in a HCOL area, so food prices are outrageous here, but I bet I could cut y cost in half if I paid attention.  I may try cooking meals in advance, like lunch the night before, have certain dinners on certain days, etc.  So

Do you plan meals in advance?  How far in advance?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Replies (31-33):
bluespagan
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I wish we did but we don't.  Many times I can't even get DH to set something out to thaw.

coug7099
by Less Shitty on May. 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I don't really plan meals. I keep certain things in my house at all times. We have a huge freezer so I buy meats when I see them at a good price. I buy milk, bread, fruit, veggies every week or so. Other items I keep stocked up. I take meat out every morning then think about what I will make with it.

luvcloudydays
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Meh, we plan a couple meals a week, but for the most part it's just whatever we're in the mood for. We havent been going out anymore, we're saving up for all the fees and crap we need for buying a house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)