Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guy Question

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 119 Total Views

So I'm single, divorced, with one DS, he'll be three this summer. Last year I went out on a date with this guy (about two years older than me, I'm 26).  His friend works next door, so I would see him almost every day.  We flirted for months, I told his friend that I like him, and then a few days later, he asked me out.  He flaked on the first date night, but we went out then on a Monday night.  It was fun, he dropped me home, I gave him a kiss on the cheek, and he dropped me home.  FOr the next week he came on REALLY strong through text and calls, but flaked when I invited him to a party (made other plans for that night after our plans).  Then he just stopped texting, and only gave me lame responses when I texted.  Then he avoided me for months.  Well, he came in to the shop today and we chatted for ten minutes, and he waved as he passed today, something he did before flaking.  He's a super nice guy, and I know that he wasn't dating anyone else, or after anyone else.  Anyway, what do you think he wanted?  It's unlikely that I'd go on another date with him because he dropped me with no explanation, it hurt my feelsing.

by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SASSYCJB
by sweet sassy molassey on May. 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Does he have kids? What kind of things did you guys talk about? Maybe he wanted something different than what you were putting out there( energy wise)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juicebox.
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Idk.  Give him another shot if he asks, guys are dumb.  Only if he's worth it tho......is he good looking and financially stable?  If no to either one, forget him, he's a waste of time.

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on May. 9, 2012 at 1:18 PM

No kids, never married, I heard that's why he stop contacting me, a friend told him to avoid girls with kids.  It really hurt my feelings to be rejected like that with no explanation.  It's cool if he can't date me because of DS, I respect that, but I didn't like how it was handled.  

Quoting SASSYCJB:

Does he have kids? What kind of things did you guys talk about? Maybe he wanted something different than what you were putting out there( energy wise)

SASSYCJB
by sweet sassy molassey on May. 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Anyone who isn't down with you because of your child needs to go fuck himself. He not worth a second thought.

Quoting GoRed:

No kids, never married, I heard that's why he stop contacting me, a friend told him to avoid girls with kids.  It really hurt my feelings to be rejected like that with no explanation.  It's cool if he can't date me because of DS, I respect that, but I didn't like how it was handled.  

Quoting SASSYCJB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazyblondemom
Yesterday at 1:29 PM
by Taking a dump on May. 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Men are strange creatures. He may have been the type that wanted to be chased a little bit. I don't like guys like that period, just means they don't like to put much effort into a relationship. JMO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)