Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a**holes

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 319 Total Views

so i was in a chat last week here on exile, and i told a couple people about a swing set that was on the property was we rent. 

We started renting in late march, the previous tenants moved out in Jan, said they would be back to get the swing set. My landlord told them that that would be fine, as long as they came back within 60 days, she gave them 30 more days than she had to by law. 

When we moved in she told us this, but said they never came back and never called so it was ours to enjoy.

well last Monday she called me and told me that they were coming to get it, 5 months after they moved, that they had sold it to their parents, who live across the street from us. 

I was a little pissed, especially since they day before (mothers day) we built a sandbox for dd in the base of it. I was a little butt hurt but knew it didn't belong to us, and then got over it, hung her swing from a nearby tree and my landlord gave us her step 2 crabby sandbox so i wouldn't lose all my sand. 

well yesterday, we were outside playing, then all the sudden this bobcat comes tearing up on my lawn. it was the neighbors coming to take the swing set. 

they didn't say one word to us, not "hey! we're your neighbors, we're here to get the swing set"  no introductions, just rolled up on the lawn, almost took out my mailbox and daughters pool. it was like we were invisible. 

i know we don't own this house, but it is our home for now. and we do pay to live here.  you could have at least introduced yourself before you roll up on my fucking lawn with heavy equipment, yelling and cursing at each other. 

they moved it across the street look out one of the sides of their chain link fence and half a tree, fuckers.

the swing set looks seriously rickety over there, i would never put my kid on that thing now. 

assholes. 

by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juicebox.
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Omg I would've been pissed!! Can you replace it now possibly? What assholes, that sucks tones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tonesofhome
by ASSBANDS! on May. 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM

yeah she already has a little tykes toddler slide, and we rehung her swing, we want to get her a little tykes playhouse too, it wasn't a huge loss, i just think they could have, i dunno, said hello, before they come rolling up on my shit.. i mean we were standing right there the whole fucking time. 

yourpinkone
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM
6 moms liked this

I'd have said something.  "I'm sorry, but social convention would have you knock on my motherfucking door and tell me what you're doing, and if you can't bring yourself to behave like a normal human fucking being, I'll just call the police because technically you're trespassing AND stealing."

MNDsM
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Fucking pieces of shit! How do some people make it through their daily lives?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on May. 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM

That's seriously rude!  WOW.  They sounds like dicks anyway, waiting 5 months to pick up a swing set.  Ugh.  Sorry.  =(

tonesofhome
by ASSBANDS! on May. 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM

they moved it right in front of my picture window, i had just brought dd inside to clean her up and feed her, and the grandmother, brings her granddaughter out, and very loudly says, look what grandma got for you!! and starts pushing her in the baby swing identical to the one i had on there for my dd, i had taken mine down, cause there was no way they were taking that too. 

i just shut my window and curtains, i would have said something, but i really like  this house and hate neighbor drama, so i controlled myself, but i don't have to let that bitch rub it in my face. 

juicebox.
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM
You know tho, I have little tykes playhouse and one of the big wooden sets like they took from you, I got it end of season and actually only paid about $300 because it was 70% off. You can find some really good deals if you watch for them. And I hate the little tykes playhouse because it took three days longer to put together. What a pain in the ass!! Lol

Quoting tonesofhome:

yeah she already has a little tykes toddler slide, and we rehung her swing, we want to get her a little tykes playhouse too, it wasn't a huge loss, i just think they could have, i dunno, said hello, before they come rolling up on my shit.. i mean we were standing right there the whole fucking time. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Djinn83
by lainey's idol on May. 20, 2012 at 12:23 PM
That's a quick way to get your ass shot at my house.

Look on craigslist for the step 2 stuff. I got Ava that garden house for 30 bucks damn near brand new. She loves it!
tonesofhome
by ASSBANDS! on May. 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM
3 moms liked this

i will admit, i carved a few large penii on the inside of if when i had a few too many beers last week...

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY on May. 20, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Didn't you fix a broken seat and add a sand box around it????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN