Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else??

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 450 Total Views

Dark has one of the worst meltdown triggers I've ever seen...I put her in the bath (ANY water at all) and she goes completely fucking nuclear. As in screams like her skin is being shredded off with an acid coated wire brush. I've never seen its like before...ever. WTF do I do with this?? The minute she's in, it's on...and the minute her face gets wet, she screams hard enough to gag herself and nearly puke. WTF...

As if her walking around slapping herself upside the head isn't nerve wracking enough. no idea where she picked that up...she got pissed off one day and started slapping herself in the head.

Crazy damned kid is making me APESHIT.

Any ideas for dealing with the bath meltdowns? We've tried every possible method of destraction. Toys, colored soaps, splash games, you name it...no good.

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Synlight
by Sparkle Pussy on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM
How old is she?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Synlight
by Sparkle Pussy on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Welp in the interest of my happy ass going to bed, I would say let her take showers for awhile, or even to washcloth baths and dry shampoo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjfamily
by Still Suspect on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Is that really her name? Dark?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Water submersible lights=awesome.

My DD did that for 2 weeks. I think DH put her in a bath that was slightly too hot. Not burn hot, but she was done for awhile, until I got those lights and turned the bathroom light off.

I got mine at michaels. Any hobby store should have them. They are just water proof little flashlight balls that come in many colors.
DarksMama
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Her name is not the subject.

Quoting kjfamily:

DarksMama
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM

She's 20 months, and it's water of all kinds that gets her raging. I was doing baby wipe baths for awhile to avoid her theatrics, but real baths have to happen or I'm going to be that mom who has the stinky kid. Not happening on my watch. LOL

Quoting Synlight:

Welp in the interest of my happy ass going to bed, I would say let her take showers for awhile, or even to washcloth baths and dry shampoo.

kjfamily
by Still Suspect on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Damn just wondering . Wtf..

Quoting DarksMama:

Quoting kjfamily:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I also got some cheap clear cups, and bath colors. Put a clear light in each cup, and a color. Let her pour and mix. Hours of fun in the dark. Something about the dark made DD not care about getting her face wet.
DarksMama
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Wasn't being snappish. Just sayin...this is making me insane, and I really don't wanna sift thru random OT stuff that tends to happen ALOT. I need a fix for this, and soon. Her Pedi is trying to find a reason to brand her as an autism kid, and she's very clearly not. She's just ornery and wants her way...but baths HAVE to happen, ya know?

But no...her name is Dominique Arielle Rose K. Initials spell DARK, and yes, it was deliberate. She is also named for a good friend who was murdered by a drunk driver.

Quoting kjfamily:

Damn just wondering . Wtf..

Quoting DarksMama:

Quoting kjfamily:

DarksMama
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I'll have to try that...she DIGS lights and noise.

Quoting Djinn83:

I also got some cheap clear cups, and bath colors. Put a clear light in each cup, and a color. Let her pour and mix. Hours of fun in the dark. Something about the dark made DD not care about getting her face wet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN