Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to make the switch, but...

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:30 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 412 Total Views

CM doesn't get along with my computer, though. It crashes everytime I'm on, and I get a "Safari cannot connect to cafemom's server blah blah blah". I could try switching browsers, but I don't like the other browsers. I've been trying to make the switchover for fracking ever, but CM doesn't play nice. *pout*

crying

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juicebox.
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Firefox works best....

Actualy if you look to the top of the page, you'll see the leave feedback button, go find Cafe BTC, bitch him out for me, then tell him the trouble you're having. 

greentangarine
by Still Suspect on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I know what you mean! I can't get into chat here, and the boards are really slowwww.... Alas, I'm still here. LOL!

pauliewogmamma
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:51 PM

i use firefox and dont have a problem at all. do you have the latest version?

pauliewogmamma
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:51 PM
maybe you have a shitty internet speed.
juicebox.
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Ooohh Go leave this rant for BTC!! 

Quoting twistedmango:

Yeah CM still has some technical issues to work out (INCLUDING GETTING RID OF SWEETPEAS DAMMIT GET US SOME NORMAL EMOTICONS, TPTB!)  But PTL for a place that lets us fucking talk and say fuck!

And just because I can....

FUCK!

Megshere
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I know what you mean. I have this problem with all browsers I have tried. I dunno why. It could be my internet, though. It is a shared network and gets sucked out especially in the evenings. However, this is the only site that I have to try and load the page ten times before I get it to go.

MissMysteriouss
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:34 PM
It works best on my phone, since the mobile version has so much less to load.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilphs13
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM

CM on my computer, and on google chrome, is amazing! :) But i do have super speed internet connections lol

hunsha
by FuckMyFace on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Dude, I have to admit that my computer does NOT like CM either! It's soooo fucking slow. And I can't get into chat. And there's a whole extra fucking menu bar along the bottom of my screen with mini popups! What the FUCK is up with that? Seriously? Ugh.

kandygrrrl
by JavaJunkie on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I have crazy fast highspeed internet. We have to for DH's job. I'm pretty sure it's a browser incompatibilty issue. I can get to everything else. I'm not switching to firefox. I have it, but I hate it. lol I use it for very limited purposes, maybe once a month or so. If it's CM or browser, the browser wins. 

The lower bar thing doesn't bug me. The not being able to connect 50% of the time bugs me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN