Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Batcave is in trouble

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 1076 Total Views

Hello: 

This letter is in regards to your group, Group: Batcave / Talk: Reporting.

Your group appears to have set a rule that members are not to use the "Report This" button.   

This is not allowed. Please see the post by the Senior Community Manager:http://community.babycenter.com/post/a21283171/dont_report?cpg=3&csi=2104859093&pd=1

Group Owners have the responsibility to enforce the guidelines in their group and address any violations of our guidelines that come up. The Group Owner guide says:

"BabyCenter reserves the right to remove a Group Owner for any reason, or no reason at all, including but not limited to a) failure to uphold and enforce our community guidelines in their group b) personal violations of our guidelines anywhere in our community."  http://www.babycenter.com/community-help-group-owners

Group Owner

Nelopee · Pass a Note! 
Last edited 06/07/2012

After everything that's gone down in the past few months I don't pretend to think this post will make a lick of difference, but I'm posting it anyway.

Right now there's a lot of talking about other boards and GO's and what have you. We all know this is against the rules. I have one rule here...

DON'T REPORT SHIT!!!! EVER, EVER, EVER!

If you must report something, report it to a GO or PAN a GO. But don't report.

K thanks.

We have sent this message to all of the group owners of this group. You have 24 hours to address this. Please remove this as a rule and communicate this change to your group members. 

If you have any questions, we are here to help you. If you need help dealing with this situation, please let us know by clicking “Report this”, describing the issue and asking for our assistance. 

Thank you for all your hard work as a Group Owner!

Regards, 

The BabyCenter Community Team

BabyCenter Community Team
Community@babycenter.com
BabyCenter.com
Community.BabyCenter.com

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarcasmisme
by Loving the Green Man on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Can they nail me with a vio for this since I'm a GO?

Whyunoloveme
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Omfg. ::eyeroll:: ::eye roll:: and to answer I Think since Nelopee posted it would be her... Unless you dot address it. Post a note that says report everything you need to report to whomever you feel needs to see it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hunsha
by FuckMyFace on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Aw, that's not too bad!!! You already addressed it anyway right? I was in a private group awhile back that had the same rule about no reporting. It was a smaller group (maybe 80-100) and we told them they better not report, or GTFO. Nobody EVER gave us any trouble about that rule...

With that said, batcave is a much larger group and much more publically known, so obviously we're under the radar right now. Ah well, let's keep it clean until after the elections and then *hopefully* we'll be able to get this cocksoup going!! P.S. Love the batcave SO much. My favourite bbc group!

juicebox.
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM

That was my question too.  I'm guessing no, or it wouldve said 'warning' or something.

I emailed them back and said that wasn't the rules, guidelines have been posted since, because for real, I wasn't yet GO when that was posted.  And we did a hella lotta clean up in that group.  I did laugh at the do not report post being reported tho lol.

Quoting Sarcasmisme:

Can they nail me with a vio for this since I'm a GO?

mom2_3ofem
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I haven't gotten a violation warning for that *yet*. You think they'd send one at the same time that they sent that email.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juicebox.
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:04 PM

This exactly. 

Quoting hunsha:

Aw, that's not too bad!!! You already addressed it anyway right? I was in a private group awhile back that had the same rule about no reporting. It was a smaller group (maybe 80-100) and we told them they better not report, or GTFO. Nobody EVER gave us any trouble about that rule...

With that said, batcave is a much larger group and much more publically known, so obviously we're under the radar right now. Ah well, let's keep it clean until after the elections and then *hopefully* we'll be able to get this cocksoup going!! P.S. Love the batcave SO much. My favourite bbc group!

Sarcasmisme
by Loving the Green Man on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm telling you we're the detention group of the BBC! We're on their radar! If you feel a hemrrhoid it's just a BBC official crawling up your ass!

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Sorry guys, I don't think the batcave will survive.  I've been in a ton of BBC spin offs.  Once the drama is gone, so are the posters. 

mykidsmom5
by I can make you STFU on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:58 AM
I think all the BHB spin offs might be in trouble. Obviously people are reporting or BBC wouldn't know. AL has the same rule...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ica171
by Still Suspect on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Babycenter is always watching, it doesn't necessarily mean that anyone's reporting. And like hunsha said, the Batcave is on their radar right now. I wouldn't be surprised if more warning emails are sent out.

Quoting mykidsmom5:

I think all the BHB spin offs might be in trouble. Obviously people are reporting or BBC wouldn't know. AL has the same rule...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)