Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Judge Judy !!!**BOO!:((**

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:57 AM
  • 35 Replies
  • 906 Total Views
2 moms liked this

So my husband filed a small claim against our roommate because he (roommate) lost his job a while ago and pretended to job hunt for a while before he ran off and left his nasty room for us to clean up. The court date was even on my freaking birthday!! RRG! In small claims it's hard to get your money even if you win unless there is money for the state to take, so we figured we'd have to keep an eye on him and report if he was working to get his wages garnished and it'd be a huge pain in the ass. Well this morning we got a call from a producer who works on the Judge Judy show! If we choose to go with Judge Judy it will be arbitration instead of small claims and if we win we get the money from the arbitrator (Judge Judy) within 30 days. THIS IS $3000 I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! This would make me CRY SO HARD! We need it so much! So the letter said they'd pay us to appear either way and fly us down to LA, so I think we're gonna do it. I think it's a better opportunity for my family than going to small claims, and it will probably be on a different date so I get my birthday back!

OMG JUDGE JUDY IS SAVING THE DAY!

We talked to the producer and told her the story and she said she'd bring the story to the producer above her. Well I guess they said no, since they're not taking us on the show. :(

Now we're back to the plan of going to small claims on my birthday. BOO! Oh, well. Former roommate ruined his life and Judge Judy won't bail him out. Sucks for all of us, but HAAHA! on him for destroying his credit forever.

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalaboosh
by CuckooFor CocoaPuffs on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:03 AM

BUMP!

lalaboosh
by CuckooFor CocoaPuffs on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:05 AM

BUMP!

lalaboosh
by CuckooFor CocoaPuffs on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:07 AM

BUMP!

juicebox.
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Oh WOW!! So THATS why ppl go on Judge Judy.  That is awesome!!!!  Do it!!!

Then link us all o the show when it airs.

juicebox.
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:11 AM
3 moms liked this

Better Jusge Judy than Jerry Springer, anyday!!

lalaboosh
by CuckooFor CocoaPuffs on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:16 AM

Yeah, I'm really excited about this! MIL lives down in Fresno, so she'd be able to come visit and see DD!!!!

Quoting juicebox.:

Oh WOW!! So THATS why ppl go on Judge Judy.  That is awesome!!!!  Do it!!!

Then link us all o the show when it airs.

coug7099
by Less Shitty on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I love Judge Judy!

My sister had her lip ripped off by a pit bull last Fall. The people who own the dog can't even afford to own a car, there is no way she will ever get 1 penny out of them for the reconstructive surgery. I keep telling her to go file a small claims case and pray that Judge Judy somehow picks it up! So you just filed and they somehow found you, huh? 

repunzel17
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:52 AM

That's awesome!

jviller
by Sketchmo on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM

How did your case get picked up by judge judys peeps?

mushshmush
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

just remember to keep your mouth shut unless spoken to and keep to the facts...I would rather be on Judge Joe Brown or Judge Alex or People's Court - they yell at you less and forgive stupid to a point

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)