Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends of Friends on FB is great

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:33 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 362 Total Views

A friend of mine has a friend that I'm not friends with. (Yeah, a little confusing honestly.) Anyway, to kinda keep it simple, we'll call my friend Jessica and my "friend's friend" Kristy. From what I've gathered, Kristy is expecting a bouncing baby girl this August and is thrilled as can be. Apparently, Kristy is a little over excited about all this and has been doing EVERYTHING possible to celebrate her baby/pregnancy.

Kristy has hosted: an "Annoucing the name" party, "Gender reveal" party, "Name reveal" party, "Baby shower", "Mommy shower", and a "Last hurrah before baby" party.

She's also planned: a "Meet the baby" party, "Welcome to motherhood" party, and a party/get together at a bar since she had to be sober for the pregnancy for after the birth of the baby.

The only reason I know about all this is the fact my friend, Jessica, has commented on MOST of the FB post about the parties and they show up on my feeds. It's also quite exciting as many of the friends that went to the first few parties are irritated with the constant spamming of "Are you going to my party?" and "Bring something to celebrate! Gifts are wanted!" invitations. I only wish I could get screen shots but I can't seem to find the feeds anymore.

It might be just me but 9 parties for one mom...er, I mean, baby is fucking ridiculous.

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SASSYCJB
by sweet sassy molassey on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Hilarious!! That's exactly why she's not your friend lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDoofenshmirtz
by You've Seen Me Aroun on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:53 PM
OMG that's hilarious! Does she include we registry info with every invite?
Master_Debater
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Lawd. She's nuts. Especially when she finds motherhood ain't all it's cracked up to be. Did I say that right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM

LOL!!!  The girl likes to party!  But yeah, totally tacky!  

repunzel17
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM

That's funny.  would be rolling my eyes at each "party" I saw. 

MissMysteriouss
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Wow...just wow.

Whyunoloveme
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM
10 moms liked this
She forgot a my vagina is never going to be the same party and a why wont this damn thing STFU party....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DizzyUpTheGirl
by Still Suspect on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:16 PM
I'm so throwing those after I pop out another heathen.

Quoting Whyunoloveme:

She forgot a my vagina is never going to be the same party and a why wont this damn thing STFU party....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MNDsM
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Haha, that is sooo tacky! But fun for entertainment!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UnknownFemale
by You've Seen Me Aroun on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

As far as I know, she registered for the babyshower, the "mommy shower", and the "meet the baby" get together. There might be more but that's the only ones Jessica remembered. Oh, and the topper? She's hosted every single one of the parties and she still lives with her parents. Her parents say they "don't want her to miss any opportunity to enjoy motherhood" but even they think she's getting out of hand.

The baby's name alone makes me groan: Zoeey Kirie-Mariey. Please do NOT ask me how she came up with those spellings. Apparently, she got so much negative feed back, she consistently deletes anything pertaining to her daughter's name and erased the ultrasound album.

On top of this, she gets into a rage when anyone asks her about the father of her child. She was very upfront about it but then she cheated on him and left him for someone else. Now this new guy is "supposedly" the father even though she was 5 months along when she met him.

You gotta love FB drama when it doesn't include you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)