Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thanks a lot, DJ!!! *come in here to talk politics*

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 211 Total Views

I spent the morning reading about Libertarian Presidential candidate, Gary Johnson.

How cool that there is a THIRD PARTY choice!!! I agree with A LOT of his stances on major issues, but there are a few things that I don't - but at least on those things I understand WHY he has the stance he does.

I suppose there will never be one single candidate that thinks EXACTLY like I do.

But, I am super stoked. Remember I told you in chat, I campaigned for Ralph Nader with my big sister back when he was running for the Green Party. It was super fun, even I was just under voting age still. I'm thinking I will be on campus at my college a lot before the election this year, and I would LOVE to do some campaigning. I'm going to keep reading about this guy and see if I can get behind him 100%.

Are you familiar with thim? I'm thinking you must be since you asked last night if anyone even knew who was representing other parties besides rep and dem. =)

I also read that if he can get 15% of support in the polls, he will be on stage for the big presidential debate alongside Obama and Romney. THAT could be HUGE! I think A LOT of people don't even know there is a 3rd choice, and if people would do their own research and learn some things, I think they would be surprised and happy to have another choice.

Red, is Ron Paul still in the race? I think I read he is, but is not actively campaigning? If Ron Paul supporters got on board with Johnson, it would push him over the 15% needed to participate in the debate. From what I have read so far, his platform is very similar anyway. What do you think?

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MNDsM
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Vote Adrian Dix!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazyblondemom
by Taking a dump on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:32 PM
I am voting for my pet gold fish....he can do a great job.....naw I am going to vote for Ron Paul unless I like this other guy you speak of better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Ron Paul may run under independent.
pauliewogmamma
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
That's it? That's all you have to say about this?? LOL =D

Quoting Djinn83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluespagan
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

This is the sad thing Paulie, people don't know that there are viable third party candidates and more out there.

Here is a list of declared candidates

http://2012.presidential-candidates.org/

Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Yup. That's about it. I'm a fiscal conservative social liberal. Aka libertarian, stay the fuck out of my life unless I am harming somebody...and harming myself doesn't count. I'm not against helping people in need TEMPORARILY and helping them better themselves through social programs that help with school, housing, and food. But I do not like helping those who are unwilling to help themselves and want to be lazy, dumbshits for the rest of their lives.

I am not republican because I believe in evolution, support a woman's right to choose (up to a point) and don't think its anybody's business what two consenting adults want to do in the privacy of their own bedroom, and that includes gay marriage.

I am....libertarian...woot.

ETA: I think government as a whole in incompetent and believe true innovation and growth comes from private sector competition. If turn over all the funds for GA/PA over to private sector charities, they would do a much better job overseeing it and abuse would cut down dramatically.  I heart John Stossel.

Quoting pauliewogmamma:

That's it? That's all you have to say about this?? LOL =D

Quoting Djinn83:

Tired of bitch groups, but still love drama and snark? Join us on Exile Island. A fun place full of colorful people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)